136. Finals

I'm a college student and finals are starting soon. For my English final, I have a paper. My math final is optional, so I'm not taking it, but my psychology final is coming up and I'm very nervous and anxious about it. I've been studying for it but I don't know how well I'm retaining the information and it's stressing me out. My boyfriend Shawn Mendes should be home soon and all I want to do is curl up with him and cuddle him to death. He soon pulled into our driveway and then walked in the door. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hi baby girl. How was your day?" Shawn asked. I sighed.

"Stressful. Will you come cuddle with me please?" I asked. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss before sitting down.

"Of course I can cuddle with you. Why was it stressful honey?" Shawn asked me.

"I'm nervous about my psychology final so I've been studying and rewriting my notes. I'm just nervous that I'm not retaining the information as well as I should or could be." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Honey, you're going to do great on it. You have a good grade in the class, so that's good, right?" Shawn pointed out. I nodded.

"I do have a good grade in the class but I'm worried that if I don't do well on the final, I'll bring it down and then that will bring down my GPA and then -" I was saying before Shawn cut me off with a kiss. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my blood pump faster. I felt my heart race, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach.

"You're spiraling baby. Breathe. Everything will be okay." Shawn said. I closed my eyes and took three deep breaths. I opened my eyes and looked at Shawn.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I asked him. Shawn smiled at me.

"I ask myself what I did to deserve you all of the time. Honey, just continue to take deep breaths and when you take the test, just try your best, that's all that anyone can ask for." Shawn said. I started to tear up as I thought of the main reason why I was so worried about my finals. "Honey why do you look like you're going to cry?" Shawn asked with a look of concern etched across his face.

"Because my biggest fear is that I'm going to let you down and disappoint you." I said as I started to cry. I put my head in my hands. Shawn pulled my hands away and put his hands on both sides of my face.

"Baby, listen to me. Are you listening to me?" Shawn asked me. I nodded. He continued. "I could never be disappointed in you. Never. You could never let me down. Never. Okay?" Shawn asked me. I nodded again as Shawn wiped away my tears.

"I just always want to make you proud, you know? You're my best friend and boyfriend, all wrapped into one." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"You always make me proud baby girl. You're my best friend too. I love you so much." Shawn said.

"Thank you baby. You always make me proud too. I love you too." I said. Shawn kept smiling at me.

"I'm tired. Do you want to go to bed?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah. Will you carry meeee?" I whined. Shawn laughed as I lifted my arms into the air for him to pick me up. Shawn stood up and lifted me up. I laughed. He carried me all the way to our bedroom and laid me down. He got in on his side of the bed and pulled me close.

"Good night baby girl. I love you. I'll always be proud of you." Shawn said. I kissed his jaw.

"Good night baby boy. I love you too. Thank you for being my best friend." I said. Shawn looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you for being my best friend and for always being there for me." Shawn said.

"Always." I said, and with that we fell asleep.