77. You find out the gender of your baby

Today my husband Shawn and I are finding out the gender of our baby. I'm three months along and I'm starting to show, causing Shawn and I to be ecstatic. To control rumors of me being pregnant, since we haven't announced that we're pregnant yet, we've been staying at our house in Boston where there's a lot less paparazzi.

Shawn has been very gentle with me and our families were very excited to hear that we're expecting. Almost all of them cried or at least got teary eyed.

"Are you ready for this?" Shawn asked me.

"More than ready. I want to find out so we can start doing the nursery. Are you ready?" I asked Shawn with a smile.

"More than ready baby." Shawn replied, a smile also on his face.

We arrived at the doctor's office and went inside.

"Y/n Mendes for Dr. Ackles." I said to the receptionist. Shawn stood next to me, his hand on my back.

"She'll be right with you, you can take a seat." The receptionist said.

"Thank you!" I said as Shawn and I sat down. I rubbed my stomach as we sat down. The doctor soon called us in.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Mendes, how are you today?" The doctor asked us. We smiled.

"Good, slightly nervous to find out the gender, but excited." I said.

"Well, we'll get started then!" The doctor said with a smile on her face. "This is going to be cold." She said as she put the gel on. She moved the thing around my stomach.

"There's your baby." She said while looking at us. I looked at Shawn and saw that he had tears in his eyes.

"And it looks like you're having a little girl. Congratulations. I'll wipe this off of you and then give you the ultrasound pictures and then you're good to go." The doctor said. We thanked her as she wiped off the gel and walked out.

"We're having a girl." Shawn said as he slowly cried happy tears. The last time I saw him like this was when I told him that we were gonna have a baby. I smiled at him as the tears came down my face too.

.......

On the car ride home, Shawn kept his hand on my thigh, just like always. He smiled the whole way home, as did I. We finally arrived home and looked at the ultrasound photo.

"She's going to be beautiful, just like her momma." Shawn said. I smiled up at him.

"Are you glad that we're having a girl or did you want a boy?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous. What if I wasn't giving him what he wanted?

"Honey, I don't care about the gender, as long as we have this gorgeous baby, but I was rooting for a girl." Shawn said with a smile on his face. I smiled too, my nerves going away.

"Shawn?" I asked, while looking at his handsome face.

"Yes my love?" He asked, smiling down at me.

"Will you kiss me?" I asked. He chuckled.

"My love, you never have to ask. Come here." He said. Our lips met and I felt fireworks throughout my body. I felt my blood pump faster. I felt my heart beating like crazy, and I could feel butterflies flying around in my stomach.

"God am I in love with you." I said as we pulled away. He hummed.

"Baby, I'm so in love with you it's insane." Shawn said as we kissed again. I felt so happy, safe, loved, and content.