121. Hailey and Hospital

I was sitting on the couch in my basement when I heard a ding coming from my phone. I looked at it. My boyfriend Shawn Mendes had posted a picture on Instagram. I swiped to the right and put my passcode in so I could look at the picture. When I saw the picture, I could practically feel my heart drop into my stomach. It was a picture of him standing next to model Hailey Baldwin, who was wearing a shirt that just barely covered her breasts. I felt jealousy and irritation boil up inside of me. I wasn't going to text Shawn about this. Hell, I wasn't even going to talk to him about it. That probably isn't healthy, but I just don't want to get into a fight with him about her. I soon got a text message from him.

Shawn: Hey baby girl. You probably saw the photo, and I'm really sorry, but you know that we're just friends. Okay?

Me: Yup.

Shawn: You don't believe me do you?

Me: I don't want to talk about it Shawn. I have a headache, I'm going to go take a nap.

So that's exactly what I did. I took a nap for the headache that I actually had. I think that the headache was triggered by stress. There's been a lot going on lately and now this photo with Hailey? It was just a little too much. I cried and cried, which only made my headache worse. I shut my bedroom doors and finally fell asleep. I awoke to hearing someone in my house. Panicked, I grabbed my phone, ready to dial 911 if need be. I opened the door to find Shawn sitting on my couch. There was something next to him. He looked up at me and rushed over to give me a hug. I weakly hugged back.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said.

"Hi." I said.

"I brought you some flowers. They're tulips. I know that tulips are your favorite, and they're pink so I thought that you might like them." Shawn said, handing me the flowers. I weakly smiled and nodded my head.

"Thank you Shawn. They're beautiful." I said, taking the flowers from his hands and putting them in a glass vase.

"Just like you, my beautiful girl." Shawn said with a smile. I blushed at his words and looked down.

"That was cheesy Shawn. Good, but cheesy." I said with a smile.

"Well it's true. You're the most beautiful girl in the world." Shawn said, taking my hands. I pulled them away and rubbed my head.

"Thank you. I still have that headache." I said. Shawn had a look of concern etched across his face.

"Have you taken anything for it?" He asked.

"Yeah but it's not working. I think I'm just going to lay back down. I'm sorry you came all this way just for me to lay down." I said sincerely.

"Well why don't I lay with you? I can hold you if you would like?" Shawn asked. I would like that, but the jealousy was still boiling within me.

"No you should go home Shawn, watch the television or something. I don't want to weigh you down or anything." I said. Honestly, I kind of felt like maybe I was weighing him down. He should go be with Hailey. She's prettier than me and he seems to be at least friendly with her anyways.

"Is that what you really think? That you're weighing me down? Baby that is so far from the truth. Just forget about Hailey." Shawn said.

"Easier said than done, and it's especially hard when your boyfriend posts a picture of him together with her and she's wearing a sexy crop top." I said, the irritation coming back. Shawn sighed.

"Please baby girl. I don't know what to do. I need you to help me because I don't know what to do to help you." Shawn said. Now it was my turn to sigh.