49. "I Just Miss You"

Shawn was on tour for his fifth album while I stayed home. I have a job and, as much as I love Shawn, I can't just up and leave my job. I can't afford that. But I missed Shawn so much. Afterall, he is the love of my life. He knows that too. Shawn and I always express exactly how we are feeling to each other. We say "I love you" to each other constantly, and when we miss each other, we tell the other person. We always remind each other how in love we are with the other and it constantly reassures us of how loved we are. All of these reassurances help us in our relationship.

It's hard when Shawn is on tour. I constantly want to be with him, so to have him away is so hard. It kills me that I have to be away from him, but we make it work. We facetime each other, call, text, and even email. It really helps us not only to make our relationship work but to keep it strong while he's away.

My phone rang as I was sitting on the couch in the house that Shawn and I recently bought together. I looked at my phone. It was Shawn.

"Hi baby." I said.

"Hi gorgeous." Shawn said "How's my favorite girl doing?" he asked.

"Your favorite girl is glad you called. I was just thinking about you and us. I feel like we're such a cute couple." I said with a little giggle. He giggled too.

"We are indeed, my love. I needed to hear your voice. I just miss you. I love you honey." Shawn said, making my heart skip a beat.

"I miss you too, handsome. I love you so much. I wish I could be with you but you know that work can be crazy. I love my students though." I said. I'm a school counselor at a high school in my hometown (A/n: That's what I want to do).

"I know Y/n. But your students sound great from what you've told me." Shawn said.

"They are." I said.

"Gorgeous I'm really sorry but I have to go. I have a soundcheck. I'll talk to you later though, okay?" He asked.

"Okay handsome. I love and miss you so much." I said.

"I love and miss you too baby but I'll be home before you know it." Shawn said. We soon hung up and I went back to feeling lucky about my relationship and the man that I love. I still wonder how I got to be so lucky.