161. For Gaia

My boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, recently attended the Met Gala with model Hailey Baldwin. I don't like that at all. I know that it's a publicity stunt but it makes me feel so jealous and hurt that I can't even put it into words. My relationship with Shawn is still a secret. Shawn was due to come over soon to where I live so we could spend some time together and I plan on not bringing up how I feel. I know that that's unhealthy, but I don't really care and I don't want Shawn to know that I'm feeling this way. Shawn soon pulled into the driveway and met me in the living room, the first room in the house.

"Hi Gaia. How's my girl doing?" Shawn asked me. Shawn calling me his girl caused me to blush. Me blushing caused Shawn to laugh.

"I'm good," I lied. "How's my handsome man doing?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his soft, curly hair.

"Good, but I missed you." Shawn said as he put his hand to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

"I missed you too." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"The Met Gala was so fun babe. I loved it." Shawn said. I felt a knot in my stomach form.

"That's great honey. Want to watch a movie or a show or something?" I asked, a fake smile on my face. Shawn frowned.

"What's wrong Gaia?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing. I've just had a long day and just want to cuddle with you. Come here." I said while sitting on the couch and opening up my arms for him.

"Are you sure it's just that you had a long day, or is it something else?" He asked as he sat on the couch next to me, still frowning.

"I'm fine Shawn, I've just had a long day. Now come on, you're depriving me of cuddles." I said with a smile. In all honesty, he was depriving me of my precious cuddles. I try to cuddle with him as much as possible because I never know when he's leaving until usually about a week or so before. Shawn laughed at my comment.

"Okay, okay. Let's watch Supernatural. That sound good?" He asked. I nodded, and we laid down to watch the show.

The next day, I went to Shawn's house. As I drove over there, I thought about the Met Gala, and I realized that I was gripping the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles were white. I soon pulled up to Shawn's house with a fake smile on my face, which turned into a real smile when I saw Shawn. He had dimmed the lights and lit candles all around his living room, and there he was, standing in the middle of it all with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. I walked over to him.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"This, my dear, is to cheer you up. Listen, I know that something is wrong, and I really want to know what it is. I'm here for you babe. Here, these flowers are for you. They're roses and sunflowers. I know how much you like that combination." He said.

"Thank you honey, they're beautiful. This is all so beautiful." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"It's all for you babe. Now come on, let's sit down." He said. We sat on the couch and I rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes in contentment.

"I know that I just saw you yesterday, but I've missed you in the meantime." I said.

"I missed you too. Now, what's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing. I just had a long day yesterday and today." I said.

"Gaia, I know that something is wrong. Please let me help you baby. Please." Shawn pleaded. I put my head in my hands and started to cry. Shawn pulled me close to him and rocked me back and forth. "Shhh baby, everything's okay, you're okay." He said. I pulled away and stood up.

"Is everything okay? No. Am I okay? No. I know that it's just a publicity stunt but I hate this thing that's going on with Hailey Baldwin. I hate it. Please Shawn, do something, just make it stop, please. It's hurting me." I said while sobbing my heart out. Finally I had gotten everything out. Now I just needed to get my tears out.

"I'm so sorry honey. I didn't know you felt this way. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Shawn asked.

"I don't know, I just didn't want to talk about it. It hurt too much and it makes a knot in my stomach form." I said.

"I'm so sorry Gaia. I'll fix this, I promise." Shawn said. I doubted it. It's not that I'm doubting Shawn, I'm doubting his publicists.

"I highly doubt that your publicists will do anything." I said. Shawn stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Gaia I'll make sure that something is done about this. I promise. Okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too. Come on, let's watch the television." He said. I nodded and as we sat down and cuddled up to each other, I knew that everything was going to be okay.