52. You Can't Sleep

I layed in bed, not being able to sleep for some unknown reason. Shawn was laying next to me, sleeping peacefully. I decided that if I was going to be awake, I would at least admire his beautiful features. I stared at his nose. I know, it's just a nose, there's not much that's special about it, but it adds to his beautiful features, making him, well, him. So to me, his nose is perfect.

Now let's talk about his jaw. God is his jaw perfect. His jawline is gorgeous. I lightly let my fingers trace over his jawline, and when he looked like he was going to wake up, I stopped and closed my eyes. When I felt that it was safe to open my eyes again, I did, and he was still asleep.

Next, let's talk about his lips. His lips are divine. They can work wonders. They're practically magical. Everytime that Shawn kisses me, I feel sparks throughout my body and I can feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. I love his lips.

I know his eyelids are covering them, but I want to talk about his eyes. They mesmerize me. I could stare at them for hours and hours on end and it still wouldn't be long enough. I don't even think that forever would be long enough. His caramel eyes are perfect.

Shawn soon begins to stir and I immediately close my eyes, not wanting him to worry about why I'm still awake at one o'clock in the morning.

"Baby? Are you still awake?" Shawn asks. Dammit. I should have known that he would know when I'm fake sleeping. I opened my eyes.

"Shawn I can't sleep." I complained.

"Y/n, why didn't you wake me up?" He asked.

"I didn't want to disturb you." I stated.

"Oh honey, you can always wake me up when you can't sleep. Were you worried that I would be upset with you?" He asked. I looked down, feeling guilty for thinking that he would be upset or mad at me for waking him up.

"Baby look at me." Shawn pleaded. His finger lightly went under my chin to lift my head up and I looked at his gorgeous caramel colored eyes. "I could never be mad at you. Never. I said this before but I'll say it again, you can always wake me up darling. I want you to know that. Okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head in response to his question.

"Will you sing to me please?" I asked Shawn.

"Of course, my darling. Any requests?" Shawn asked me.

"Never Be Alone." I said with a smile. Shawn nodded and started to sing. His voice is another thing that I love about him and I listened to it as I fell into a deep slumber.