101. Protective

Shawn and I went out to a club in Boston. We were having a lot of fun dancing with each other and partying. Shawn was singing but I wasn't because I sound like a dying cat when I sing. We knew that the paparazzi were outside but we didn't let that put a damper on our moods tonight. We wouldn't let anything get us down tonight. Or at least we didn't think that would happen. Shawn and I went over to the bar to get some more drinks. We both had a buzz going but we lived within walking distance of the club so we weren't driving or anything.

"Hey babe, I'm going to run to the bathroom, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled before heading off to the other side of the club. Within a minute of Shawn being gone a random, obviously very drunk man walked up to me and sat next to me, right where Shawn had been sitting.

"Hey cutie." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"What's your name?" He asked. I gave him a fake name. "Pretty name for a pretty girl." He said.

"Thanks." I said, feeling very creeped out.

"So where are you from darling?" He asked. I cringed. I loved being called darling but only if it was Shawn calling me that.

"I don't feel comfortable saying." I said, and it was the truth.

"Oh come on sweetie, you can trust me. Let me ask again, where are you from?" He asked again.

"Like I said, I don't feel comfortable saying. I don't even know your name." I said.

"I'm Eric. Are you going to answer my question now?" He asked, getting impatient with me.

"No, I'm not." I said and got up to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

"Let's go dance." He said with a smirk. I had a feeling he didn't just want to dance.

"No thank you. Now please let me go." I said.

"Not until you dance with me sweetheart." He said.

"Let go of me! You're hurting me!" I said, trying to tug my arm away from him but his grip only tightened.

"She said that you're hurting her! Let her go!" I heard Shawn yell. I turned around and could tell that he saw the panic on my face from this guy grabbing me.

"Fuck off dude, I had her first." Eric said.

"She's not a toy and I suggest you let her go." Shawn said, his face red with anger.

"What are you? The boyfriend or something?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, now I suggest you let her go before my fist meets your face." Shawn said. Eric let go of my arm and I fell backwards before Shawn caught me. The guy Eric walked away and I turned to Shawn.

"Oh my God Shawn thank you." I said. His eyes softened when they looked at me.

"Of course darling." Shawn said.

"Yeah he called me that." I said.

"He called you darling? That piece of shit, only I can do that." Shawn said.

"As much as I love how protective you are, I just want to go home. Can we go home?" I asked.

"Of course honey. Did he leave a mark?" Shawn asked. We checked. A bruise was forming. "That piece of shit. Let's go babe." Shawn said as he grabbed my hand gently.

"Okay. Thank you for stepping in." I said.

"Of course darling. Honey, I would move mountains for you. Are you okay?" Shawn asked as we started walking through the paparazzi before realizing that we should take cab.

"Yeah I'm just shaken up." I said. By the time that Shawn and I got home, I was tired.

"Do you want me to carry you upstairs to the bedroom baby?" Shawn asked me.

"No, I want to stay up with you, unless you're tired?" I asked Shawn.

"No I'm okay. I think you should get some rest, you've been shaken up. Come on I'll hold you and sing to you." Shawn said. So I let him carry me up the stairs and lay me on the bed and tuck me in.

"Good night baby girl. I love you." Shawn said.

"Good night baby. I love you too." I said. Shawn held me as he sang to me and I drifted off into sleep. What did I do to deserve a guy like Shawn?