133. Puppy

A/n: I know that Shawn is allergic to dogs but some are hypoallergenic so Shawn would be okay with the one that I mentioned. Okay, let's start!

My boyfriend Shawn Mendes and I live together in our home in Boston, a great city. Shawn is allergic to dogs but I love them and I know that there are some that are hypoallergenic, meaning that they don't shed, which would be perfect for Shawn and I. That way, if they lay on the couch or on any furniture we wouldn't have to worry about fur being all over it. I used to have a dog but we had to put her up for adoption and I miss her so much. I really want to get another dog, but with Shawn this time. I decided to bring this up with Shawn when he came home from work.

It was six o'clock at night when I heard keys rattle and the door unlocked and opened to reveal Shawn. He smiled at me when he saw me.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said as he walked over to me to give me a kiss. He sat on the couch and leaned over so our lips could meet. When our lips touched, I felt my blood pump faster. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I'm madly in love with Shawn. We pulled away gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"Hi honey. How was the studio?" I asked. He put his arms around me, picked me up, and sat me on his lap. I giggled as he did this.

"It was good. I missed you though. How was work for you honey?" He asked as he planted a kiss on my shoulder.

"It was good. A little stressful, but good." I said as I ran my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes in contentment and hummed.

"That's good. Did you miss me?" He asked.

"Of course I did. I always miss you, even if we're still in the same house sometimes but not together." I said with a giggle. Shawn smiled as he lifted his head up as he had laid it back. His caramel eyes were filled with nothing but love and adoration.

"I feel the same way baby girl. I love you so much." Shawn said.

"I love you so much too." I said. "Hey Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes honey?" He responded.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You just did." He said. I swatted at his chest lightly.

"Stop! I really want to ask you a question." I said.

"Okay. Everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just, I've been missing Bella extra lately and I was hoping that maybe we could get a dog. What do you think?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous for his response.

"Honey you know I'm allergic to dogs." Shawn said with a small chuckle.

"I know but there are hypoallergenic dogs, so they don't shed and we wouldn't have to worry about fur getting everywhere." I said, still nervous. He thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Okay. We'll go the shelter this weekend and adopt a dog or puppy. That sound good?" Shawn asked. I smiled and attacked his face with kisses. He laughed.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said. Shawn gave me another kiss.

"Now, how about we cuddle and watch television?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head. We put on Supernatural and watched it until it was time for bed. That weekend Shawn and I traveled to the local animal shelter to pick out and adopt a puppy or dog. I was hoping for a puppy so we could have it for a longer amount of time.

"Alright baby, ready to pick out a puppy or a dog?" Shawn asked as we walked inside the shelter hand in hand.

"Most definitely. I'm so excited. Let's find out where they are." I said. We quickly spotted an employee and asked where the puppies were. She pointed us in the right direction and said that we could take a look around. Shawn and I broke apart from each other to look around.

"Honey look at this one." Shawn called from the other side of the aisle. I walked over to him.

"It looks just like the kind that President Obama had." I said with a smile on my face. It was a Portuguese Water dog/puppy. It was cute but something about the dog didn't click with me. Shawn must have gotten the same feeling because he shook his head at me and moved on. I went back to where I was and kept looking, stopping every once in a while.

"Hey honey come look at this puppy." Shawn said. I walked over to where he was and looked at the puppy. It was a white bichon frise and was adorable. Her name was Molly and I couldn't help but kneel down and look at her more closely.

"Hi there Molly. You're so cute, yes you are." I said. I looked Shawn with a smile on my face. "What do you think?" I asked.

"Well, I think we just found ourselves a pet." Shawn said with a smile. I stood up and hugged him.

"Thank you honey." I said.

"You're welcome baby girl. Come on, let's go tell the employee that just helped us." Shawn said. We were soon signing paperwork and buying supplies, like a water bowl and food dish and leashes, along with other supplies. We brought Molly home with us and set up her food and water dishes in the kitchen.

"And this is the bedroom that Shawn, your daddy, and I sleep in. Oh, and this is our bathroom." I said. Shawn walked into the bedroom.

"Hey babe?" Shawn called out.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Are you giving the dog a tour of the house?" Shawn asked with a small chuckle.

"Don't laugh at me! Molly needs to know where her mommy and daddy sleep and go to the bathroom and live." I said.

"Her mommy and daddy?" Shawn asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Yes. We adopted her, we are her parents now. That means that we need to be responsible adults." I said matter of factly. Shawn laughed.

"Oh dear God. I'm going in the living room to watch television. You and our daughter can follow if you two would like to." Shawn said with a chuckle. I put Molly down on the floor.

"Okay Molly, follow daddy." I said. Surprisingly, she followed him all the way to the living room and when Shawn sat on the couch she jumped up on the couch and planted herself on his lap. Shawn looked at me with wide eyes.

"I guess she knows who her daddy is." Shawn said.

"Yeah and that's great and all but she's sitting in my seat." I said while putting my hands on my hips. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Oh honey, you know you can just pick her up and put her on the couch, right?" Shawn asked.

"I'm not going to tell her that what she's doing is wrong... even though it is. It looks like she likes to sit on your lap." I said. Shawn looked down at her and smiled as he started to pet her. I smiled at them and sat down next to them as I turned on the television. Shawn looked at me before leaning over to give my cheek a kiss. I smiled. Molly and I are two lucky gals.