40. Shawn Is Home From Tour

I love it when Shawn is home from tour. He recently surprised me by showing up at the house while my best friend Grace was over and I couldn't be happier. The only thing that was upsetting me was that he had to leave in two weeks to go tour some more for his fifth album. I know that two weeks is a good amount of time and I know that it's for his career but I still hate to see him go.

"What are you thinking about baby?" Shawn suddenly asked me. I didn't want to tell him that I had been thinking about the fact that he has to leave, especially since he just got home, but I knew that I had to.

"Well, you know, I've just really missed you and I don't want to see you leave again. I know that it's for your career and we find ways to make the distance work but I still hate it when you leave. I always feel like we get such little time together." I said.

"My love, you are indeed correct, we do get little time together, but at least we get time together at all. Plus, I just got home. You're already thinking about that?" Shawn asked me.

"I always think about that." I muttered.

"Oh honey. Please don't. You know that I'm right here and that I will stay here as long as I possibly can. I love you, my baby." He said while putting my hand up to his chest, covering where his heart is.

"I love you too Shawn." I said with a smile on my face. I looked at his divine lips. Mine and Shawn's lips were like magnets to each other. They always needed to be together, and to be quite honest, I didn't mind that at all, and I know that Shawn doesn't mind it either.

"Kiss me." Shawn said.

"You read my mind baby." I said before connecting our lips.

Soon after we pulled away, Shawn asked if I wanted to watch a movie with him.

"Let me guess, you want to watch a Harry Potter film?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Well duh." He said, making me tip my head back in laughter.

Shawn sat back on the couch after putting the movie in and put his arm on the back of the couch, his signal for me to lean up against him and put my head on his chest. I gladly did. We watched the movie, the both of us feeling content and loved.

..............

Shawn had just showered after coming home from the gym, he knew I hated how stinky he was from all of the sweat right after he had been at the gym. I smiled when I saw Shawn come down the stairs and into the living room after his shower. I started to stand up when he walked over to me. Shawn wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely. He kissed my forehead and then rested his forehead against mine, knowing how much I loved it when he did that. I closed my eyes, feeling content, happy, and loved.

"I love you baby." Shawn said, causing me to open my eyes.

"I love you too Shawn. So much. Like, I think I love you more than anyone could love anything or anyone in this whole entire universe." I said. He smiled at me.

"Y/n, as much as you love me, I love you a hundred times more. God I can't wait to marry you someday." He said. That caused me to back up and look at him a little.

"What?" I asked.

"Shit, I shouldn't have said that, now I'm scaring you away. I'm so sorry baby. I just love you so much and someday I want to make you mine forever. I hoped that you wanted the same thing." He said.

"I do want the same thing, I was just surprised when you said that." I said "But Shawn, I would love to marry you someday. I don't care when or where, as long as it's us together in the end."

"Good because I am going to put a ring on that finger someday soon." He said.

"Shawn, did we just become engaged?" I asked. He thought for a moment a smirk soon arose onto his face.

"Not quite yet honey, but soon, I promise." He said as he kissed me. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed that we hadn't just become engaged, but I was glad to know that we would be engaged some day soon.

Shawn's perspective

    I called Y/n's parents and asked them if it was okay if I asked Y/n to marry me. Thank God they said yes.

"Grace, I need your help." I said to Y/n's best friend over the phone. Y/n was at her mother's house, so I was fine to talk freely. It had been a few days since Y/n and I had talked about becoming engaged, and I had a plan.

    "What's up?" Grace asked.

    "I'm going to propose to Y/n." I said. Grace started screaming and cheering.

    "YES SHAWN! Finally! You've been together for five years, so I was hoping that it would be happening sometime soon." Grace said as she cheered. I could tell that she was jumping up and down. I laughed.

    "Well, it is about time, I know that. We talked about getting married the other day and I've known that she's the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with for a long time now. But I need your help." I said.

    "With what?" Grace asked me.

    "Picking out a ring, for starters." I said.

    Soon I was picking Grace up at her house to go to the jewlers to find the perfect ring for Y/n. Once I found it, I bought it and dropped Grace back off at her house. I knew exactly how I wanted to propose.

Later that night

Your perspective

    I came home to the living room being lit with tons of candles and rose petals everywhere. Shawn was standing right in the middle of it all.

    "Hi honey." He said.

    "Hi. What's all of this?" I asked as I carefully made my way over to give him a kiss.

    "Well, I wanted to ask you something." Shawn said while getting on one knee. He opened a box and I saw the most beautiful ring that I had ever seen in my life. My hand flew to my mouth and tears were flowing freely out of my eyes.

    "Oh my God." I said. He chuckled.

    "Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, you make me the happiest man in the world. Everyday that I wake up to your beautifully gorgeous face, I immediately smile, and I feel like I won the lottery. You are the most amazing person that I know. You are smart, funny, kind, caring, and the list goes on and on. I have known since the moment I met you that you're the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with, so with that being said, will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me?" He asked.

    "Yes, yes, a million times yes Shawn!" I said as I let the tears flow freely down my face. I was so happy. He smiled at me as he put the ring on my finger. Perfect fit.

    "Now, my darling, we are engaged." Shawn said and kissed me. What an amazing two weeks.

A/n: This is my longest imagine! I hope you like it!