143. Fight and Make-up

A/N: YA GIRL IS GOING TO SEE SHAWN IN BOSTON IN 2019 LIKE CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING???

I woke up expecting Shawn's arms to be around me. Sometimes, when I wake up, I'll open my eyes and he'll be staring at me.

"I was studying all of your beautiful face." He always says, causing my heart to melt. But, this morning, I woke up without the feeling of Shawn's arms around me, which was weird. I opened my eyes and he wasn't there. Something else that was weird. I decided to head downstairs and make myself some breakfast.

When I walked downstairs, I spotted Shawn working on his computer. His back was to me, so I walked over to him, wrapped my arms around his shoulders, and started to kiss his neck. My lips traveled up his neck, to his jaw, to his cheek, to next to his eye, causing him to blink, and then up to his forehead. Usually when I do this, he turns his head so I have more access to him, however on this particular morning, it was like he wasn't even acknowledging that I was there.

"Good morning baby." I said with a small smile.

"Morning." He grumbled. That's weird.

"Are you okay?" I asked Shawn.

"Yes." He said, but there was a little bit of harshness in his voice.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes Y/n." He said. Wow. He rarely calls me by my name, and never in a harsh tone. It's always babe or baby or honey or something like that.

"I'm about to make breakfast, probably a bagel. Do you want anything hun?" I asked.

"No." He grumbled. Usually he says no thank you instead of just no.

"Okay. I'll be in the kitchen." I said, getting a little sad that he was acting like this.

"Whatever." Shawn said, and I could see him rolling his eyes as my arms were still around his shoulders and my head was on his right shoulder.

"Okay." I said, pulling away. I decided that I would have breakfast at my mom's house. I grabbed my car keys and headed out. Shawn didn't even say anything to me or look at me when he heard the door open. I headed over to my mom's house, the house that I grew up in, and walked inside. As soon as I saw my mom sitting in the living room, I sat down and bursted into tears.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked. I told her everything that happened.

"I don't understand. We went to bed happy and now he's treating me like this? I don't get it. What did I do wrong?" I asked. My mom shook her head.

"You did nothing wrong, he's just being a jerk right now. Don't worry, he'll come around." She said.

"But what if he doesn't?" I asked.

"He will. I know him. He will. Maybe something that has nothing to do with you upset him and that's why he's acting like a jerk." She said. I nodded. That would make sense.

"Yeah. That would make a lot of sense. Can I have breakfast here please?" I asked.

"Of course. Let me make you something, you just sit and calm down." My mom said.

"Okay, thank you." I said. She came back a few minutes later with a bagel. I smiled for the first time since I saw Shawn, before he was a jerk to me.

"You know me so well." I said with a giggle. My mom laughed.

"I think that when you're done, you should go home and talk to him." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just worried about his reaction. I don't want to fight with him. I hate fighting with him." I said.