158. Hate

I was torturing myself. What do I mean by that? I was looking at the hate that I get on twitter. You see, I'm dating singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes.

Y/n is just in this relationship with Shawn for the money.

Y/n is so fat.

Y/n is so ugly.

Shawn should just leave Y/n.

Shawn can do so much better.

Y/n should do Shawn a favor and leave him.

Y/n should just kill herself.

Ouch. All of these comments really sting, but that last one hurt especially. What do I do? Maybe they're right. Maybe I should leave Shawn. I mean, they're right. I'm fat, I'm ugly, but I'm not in this relationship for the money, that's for sure. I'm in it for love. Shawn and I live together so of course my stuff is with me at the house. I decided to pack my bags as much as I could and leave. I would be doing Shawn a favor. They're right. He could find someone that's so much better.

I grabbed a suitcase and ran into the closet. I would leave a note for Shawn explaining that I couldn't do this anymore, that the hate was too much. But first I had to pack at least a little bit. I could always come back and get the rest of my stuff later. I packed as much as I could and sat down to write the letter. As soon as I finished writing the letter, I put it in an envelope, put it on the bed, and left.

Shawn's perspective

"Babe! I'm home." I called out, excited to see my lovely, amazing girlfriend after a long day of interviews. I looked around the first floor, calling out her name, but I couldn't find her. I went upstairs to change into other clothes when I saw that there was an envelope addressed to me on the bed. I opened it and read it.

Shawn,

By the time that you're reading this, I'm gone. Please don't come look for me. The hate got to be too much. They were saying that I was fat and ugly and that I should kill myself. They said that I was in the relationship for the money, but I promise you on my life Shawn that that's not true. I was in the relationship for the love. I'll always love you Shawn.

Love,

Y/n

Tears rolled down my face as I read the letter. I checked the closet. Most of her stuff was gone, and some of the suitcases were too. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to respect her wishes but at the same time I needed to find her. She's the love of my life. I'll help her squash at least some of the hate. I can do that. My fans will listen to me. The people that are saying this aren't even real fans. They're just jealous of her. If Y/n ever killed herself I would die. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I needed to find my girl.

Your perspective

I arrived at my mom's house five minutes after I left. I walked inside, saw my mom, and burst into tears.

"What's wrong?" She asked. So I told her everything. I told her about the hate. I told her about leaving Shawn. I told her everything. "You shouldn't have left. Shawn could have helped you through it. I know he would've. You need to go back to him." She said.

"No. I can't. At least not yet. Can we watch something for a little bit until I'm calmer? Maybe Supernatural?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded, but I could tell that she wanted me to return to Shawn. I couldn't do that, or at least not yet. An hour later the door whipped open and a crying Shawn walked in. He looked at me and ran over to me and hugged me. My mom left the room to give us some privacy.

"Baby girl I'm so sorry that you've been getting hate. I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me?" Shawn asked. I started to cry. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I didn't want to upset you." I said. Shawn started to cry harder. I've never seen him like this.

"You wouldn't have upset me. I could've helped. And I will help you. I promise. Just come back to me. Please." He pleaded while literally on his knees while I sat on the couch.

"I can't. I'm not good enough for you." I said.

"Baby you're perfect for me. You're my soulmate, my dream girl. Please baby girl." He pleaded. I looked down. I couldn't look at him while he was like this. It was too painful.

"Okay. But how do we control the hate?" I asked. Shawn sat on the couch with me and hugged me as he cried. "Why are you still crying baby?" I asked.

"Because I have you back. I'm so happy that I have you back. I'll take control of the hate, don't worry. You just be your beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, amazing, lovely, self. Okay?" Shawn asked, causing me to blush. I nodded my head.

"Okay. Thank you. I'm sorry that I left without talking to you." I said while looking down. Shawn put his index finger underneath my chin and lightly lifted my head up so I was looking into his loving caramel eyes. Just by looking at them I could tell that everything was going to be alright, and that he loved me.

"It's okay. You did what you thought was best for you but now we know to wait and talk to each other first. Okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled.

"Come on, let's go home." Shawn said, nodding towards the door. We said goodbye to my mom and left. I unpacked my stuff and tore up the letter when we got home. Shawn did a livestream on Instagram that night. I watched from my phone in the other room.

"Hey guys," He said. "It's come to attention that my lovely girlfriend has been getting some hate. It was so bad that she thought that she should leave me because that's what the people that were hating on her were saying to do. So she left. She's back now, but for an hour I thought I had lost her. That was the worst hour of my life. If you're sending her hate, I need you to stop. Stop telling her she's fat. Stop telling her she's ugly. Stop telling her that she should kill herself. And stop saying that she's in this relationship for the money. I know she's not. She's in it for love, I can see it her eyes. So please leave her alone. Thank you. I love you guys." Shawn said before blowing them a kiss and ending the livestream. I walked downstairs, sat on his lap, and hugged him.

"Thank you Shawn." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"For everything." I said while looking into his eyes. "But especially for loving me for who I am." I said. Shawn rubbed my cheek.

"I'll always love you honey." Shawn said, causing me to smile.

"Kiss me." I said. Shawn chuckled. He put his lips on mine and our lips moved in sync. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body like fireworks. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. We pulled away all too soon.

"Never leave me again." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"I won't. I promise. Now, it's been a long day. Want to go to bed?" I asked. Shawn nodded and picked me up and carried me to bed as I giggled. We got into bed and cuddled.

"Goodnight baby girl. I love you." Shawn said.

"Goodnight honey. I love you too." I said. And with that, we fell asleep, together.