67. Anxiety

I got into bed late at night on Sunday. Shawn wasn't home yet. I have anxiety and the second I got into bed, my anxiety hit me like a train. It took over my whole body and consumed me. Usually Shawn can calm me down and get my anxiety to go away, or at least mostly go away. One thing that helps me with my anxiety a lot and helps me to calm down is when Shawn kisses me.

It was midnight when Shawn finally got home from the studio. My anxiety was still pretty bad but I pretended that I was asleep, I wanted to see if I could handle this anxiety on my own.

"She's asleep." I heard Shawn whisper to himself. Little did he know that I actually wasn't. Shawn crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him so my back was pressed up against his chest. He gave my neck a small kiss and I couldn't help but smile at the feeling. "You're awake." He said. I rolled over so I could face him.

"Hi handsome." I said

"Hi gorgeous. Why are you still up? Were you waiting up for me?" Shawn asked.

"Um, actually, I wasn't. My anxiety is really taking a toll on me so I can't sleep." I said.

"Oh honey, come here." He said, pulling me as close to his body as humanly possible. I had to crane my neck up to look up at him because my head was at his chest. "Do you want me to lay on my back? Would that be more comfortable for you?" He asked.

"Would you mind?" I asked in response to his question.

"No, of course not, but I just want to have you close to me right now. Maybe we can kiss a bit? I know that that helps you sometimes." Shawn said.

"Kiss me and take my anxiety away baby." I said with a smile. His lips connected with my lips and it was the best feeling in the world. I felt some of my anxiety leaving my body, but not all of it. Butterflies erupted and flew around in my stomach, and sparks flew throughout my body, and my heart beat faster.

"Any better?" Shawn asked.

"A little." I said. He sighed while a look of concern became etched across his face.

"What can I do for my darling girl?" He asked.

"You could call me darling again." I said.

"You are my darling. You always have been my darling, and you always will be my darling. When we're old and in rocking chairs on our front porch, I'll still be calling you my darling, because that's what you are. You're my darling." He said causing me to smile. My anxiety lessened with each of his words. "I love you darling."

"I love you too handsome." I said.

"Do you want me to keep talking to you? Did that help you?" He asked.

"Yes it did. Will you tell me exactly how you feel about me? Sometimes I get insecure." I said the last part while looking down. Shawn's right index finger went under my chin as he lightly urged me to look at him by raising my head with his finger.

"Darling, you have nothing to be insecure about. Did you know that you're the most beautiful, drop dead gorgeous woman on this planet?" I shook my head, not fully believing his words, not fully believing that I'm beautiful. "I know that you don't believe the words that I'm saying, but trust me, they're true. Do you trust me Y/n?" He asked. I nodded.

"With every fiber of my being I trust you." I said.

"Well then trust me when I say that you, my dear, are drop dead gorgeous, beautiful, and pretty. No one and nothing gets better than you. You are the nicest, most caring, most loving, most compassionate, smartest person that I have ever known. I love you and I'm going to marry you someday. I can promise you that I will put a ring on your finger. I love you." Shawn said. Tears rolled down onto my face as I cried happy tears. My anxiety was gone. Shawn was able to fix it, and he needed to know that.

"Shawn, my anxiety is gone. You fixed it. You helped it go away. Thank you so much, my love. I'll never stop loving you and I want to marry you someday too." I said. He smiled at me before kissing me with such gentleness but so much passion and love. How did I get so lucky?