167. Shawn Teaches Your Daughter To Walk

For the past week my husband, Shawn Mendes and I have been trying to get our daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes, to walk. She's ten months old and we felt that it was about time that she learned how to walk. I woke up in Shawn's strong arms while he slept. I admired his beautiful features. His cute nose. The eyelids that covered his beautiful brown, caramel colored eyes. His pink, plump, luscious lips, and his cute little cheek scar. Shawn soon stirred and balled his fists to rub the tiredness out of his eyes. He looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning gorgeous." Shawn said in his sexy, raspy, morning voice.

"Good morning handsome." I said.

"Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it." Shawn said as he rubbed my side with his thumb. I smiled at him.

"Yeah?" I asked. He nodded. "And why is that?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"It's going to be good because we're going to teach my Rosie girl how to walk. She's going to do it, I just know it." Shawn said with so much confidence.

"Okay but don't get your hopes up." I said.

"I know, but I have a good feeling about today. Plus, everyday with my beautiful wife and daughter are good days." Shawn said with a large smile on his face. I smiled at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah. Come here." Shawn said as he pulled me even closer to him. He laid on his back and pulled me gently so I was on top of him. I placed my chin on his chest and looked at him.

"You're so handsome honey." I said. Shawn blushed, causing me to giggle.

"And you're so beautiful my love." Shawn said, causing me to blush. When Shawn noticed me blushing, he laughed and smiled at me. "I can't believe that I'm married to the most amazing woman and have the most amazing daughter." Shawn said.

"I can't believe that I'm married to the most handsome, smartest, kindest, greatest man, and have the most amazing daughter." I said. Shawn put his hand to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb while his other hand was rubbing my back.

"I love you darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too baby. Now, let's get up and make breakfast." I said.

"No, I want to hold you forever." Shawn said. I hummed before responding.

"As much as I would love that, I'm hungry. Come on." I said as I freed myself from Shawn's grip and got up and out of bed. Shawn quickly chased after me and threw me over his shoulder. I squealed and laughed.

"This is what you get for leaving my grip." Shawn said.

"I didn't want to but I'm hungry." I argued as Shawn continued to carry me like that down the stairs. He carried me into the kitchen and set me down on the counter. I spread my legs a little so Shawn could step in between them, which he did. He rubbed my thighs and stared at me with so much love and adoration.

"You know, I never got my good morning kiss." Shawn said with a smirk. I smiled at him.

"Well maybe we should fix that." I said. Shawn leaned forward and kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. When he kissed my lips, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Shawn put all of his love into the kiss and it was amazing. We pulled away from each other, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That, my darling, was amazing. Your kisses are always amazing." Shawn said.

"Yours are always amazing too." I said. "Now, let's make Rose some pancakes." I said. Shawn nodded and picked me up and set me on the floor. We made the pancakes and by the time that we were done, we heard Rose crying. Shawn went upstairs and brought her down and into the kitchen.

"Rose look, it's mommy." Shawn said, pointing at me.

"Hi baby girl." I said as she made grabby hands at me. I took her from Shawn and held her on my hip.

"Today, you're going to learn how to walk." Shawn said. Rose had no response to this since she hadn't started to talk yet. After eating our breakfast, Shawn and I cleared a space in the living room where Rose could walk. I squatted down with Rose on one side of the room, while Shawn stood on the other side, squatting down. I set Rose down on the ground so her feet were touching the floor but I held her hands.

"Alright Rose, walk to daddy." I said as I lightly held her hands. She took a single step, and then fell. I picked her back up and encouraged her again to walk to Shawn.

"Come on Rosie girl, walk to daddy." Shawn said, motioning for her to come to him. She took three steps this time before she fell. After three more tries, I was beginning to think that she wouldn't start walking today.

"Shawn I don't think she can do it today." I said.

"She'll do it babe, I know she will." Shawn said.

"Whatever you say." I said. Shawn chuckled. Once again, Shawn motioned for Rose to walk to him.

"Come on Rosie, come to daddy." He said. She took a few steps and I slowly let go of her hands as she finally walked to Shawn. She got to him and plopped herself down into his lap. She clapped her hands as Shawn and I had happy tears running down our face and smiled at her.

"Good job Rose!" I said.

"Good job Rosie girl. I knew you could do it." Shawn said, kissing the top of her head. "Do you want to walk to mommy?" Shawn asked. I walked back a little and then opened my arms up for her to come into. Shawn walked with her for a few steps and then let her walk on her own. She walked to me and I picked her up and cried a little.

"She did it Shawn. She walked all by herself." I cried.

"I know. This is amazing. We have to record this." Shawn said as he pulled out his phone. He set it up and hit the record button. We then recorded her walking to Shawn and then back to me. It was a proud moment for Shawn and I. Definitely a moment that we won't forget.