131. Dancing in the Kitchen

Shawn's perspective

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. With my eyes still closed, I absentmindedly reached over to the other side of the bed, hoping to pull my girlfriend Y/n closer to me. My hand hit the empty bed and I opened my eyes to see that she wasn't in bed with me. I got out of bed and quietly walked down the stairs. As I walked down the stairs, I could hear my own music playing. I peeked around the corner and saw that my lovely girlfriend was wearing nothing but underwear and one of my white t-shirts. She looked so sexy. I leaned against the railing of the stairs as I watched her dance to Never Be Alone. She looked so beautiful. As soon as the song was over, A Little Too Much started to play, and she continued to sway her hips.

I finally walked over to her and snaked my arms around her waist from behind her. She jumped at first, but relaxed into my touch as soon as she realized that it was just me.

"Hi handsome. Did you see any of that?" She asked as she turned around. She was blushing. I kissed her shoulder.

"I did. You looked so sexy." I said, now kissing up her neck.

"I feel so embarrassed." She said, hiding her face in my chest as she wrapped her petite arms around my torso and my arms immediately wrapped around her shoulders.

"Don't be embarrassed baby girl. You looked amazing doing it." I said with a smile. She looked up at me with a smile on her face as she went on her tiptoes to kiss my lips. I reciprocated the kiss and I immediately felt my blood pump faster. I felt my heart race. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Y/n makes my knees go weak and I love all of the feelings that she gives me. I'm lucky in love with her. That's our saying, lucky in love.

"I love you Shawn." My precious girl said to me when we pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss. I smiled even bigger at her and kissed her again.

"I love you too honey. What were you doing down here?" I asked, looking around.

"I was going to make you breakfast, but I can't find the right ingredients, so I just started to dance along to your music. I was thinking of making muffins but I thought that maybe we could have waffles for breakfast and have muffins later. That sound good handsome?" She asked while starting to play with my curls. I thought about it for a moment.

"Yeah that sounds good. As long as I have you and muffins I'm happy." I said with a small smirk on my face. She giggled.

"Well good, I'm glad. Now let me make those waffles and then we can cuddle. Okay?" She asked.

"Wait, I want to put on a certain song." I said. She looked confused as I walked over to her phone and put in her passcode, which I know, and put on Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Y/n smiled as I walked over to her and put my hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck loosley. I kissed her forehead three times, slowly, before resting my forehead against hers. She closed her eyes and together we swayed our hips to the beat. I pulled away and spun her around and then dipped her. She giggled. My heart flutters whenever I hear her giggle or laugh. As we danced in our kitchen, I realized that I'm more in love than I have ever been in my entire life, and I wouldn't trade these amazing feelings for the world. I love this girl more than life itself and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for her.

The song came to an end and we stood there, looking into each other's eyes and smiling like we had just won the lottery, the jackpot. I know I did. I hit the jackpot when she said yes to being my girlfriend, to being mine.

"Come on handsome, let's make the waffles and cuddle." She said. I nodded and helped her make the waffles. I made sure that I was, somehow, in someway, touching her at all times. Whether it was my hand on her waist, or her bum, or me leaning against the counter as my foot touched her body - I know, weird, but I don't care - or my head resting on her shoulder as we waited for the waffles to pop back up from the toaster. I needed to feel close to her.

"I love you baby girl. I hit the jackpot when you said yes to being mine." I said.

"I love you too baby boy. I won the lottery when you asked me to be yours." She said with a smile on her face, showing off her big, pearly white teeth. I kept kissing her lips, or her cheek, or her forehead. "You're awfully touchy today. You okay baby?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just like being close to you, that's all. You don't mind, do you?" I asked, a small bit of panic rising in my chest as I realized that she may not be liking this.

"I don't mind at all. In fact, I love it. I love you being like this and I loved dancing with you." She said as she put maple syrup on her waffles and cut them up.

"Can you imagine what it will be like to dance at our wedding?" I asked. Oops. We're not even engaged, and I just let that question slip. Oh God. She stopped cutting up her waffles and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You want to marry me someday?" She asked. I nodded and gulped, not knowing how she would feel about this.

"Of course I do. I love you. I can't picture myself with anyone else besides you." I said, still nervous. She closed the short distance between us and put her hands on my face and kissed me. I kissed back and felt all of those same feelings that I felt before, the feelings that I get every single time that we kiss.

"I want to marry you someday too Shawn. I love you too." She said with a smile. All of my nerves went away and I pulled her in for a hug. I nuzzled my face into her neck and placed small kisses there. She rubbed my head and ran her fingers through my hair, soothing me. We soon ate our waffles and headed over to the couch and cuddled for the rest of the day before she baked me some delicious muffins. God am I in love with this girl.