29. Texts From The Ex

I sat in the living room of the house that I shared with Shawn as I cried. My ex had texted me asking if we could go out for lunch, and I was afraid that Shawn would get mad at me when he found out.

"He won't get mad, I promise." My best friend, Grace, said. I had called her and asked her to come over when I got the text.

I soon heard the door open, signaling that Shawn was home from the studio.

"Y/n? Grace? Is everything okay?" Shawn asked when he saw me crying with Grace sitting next to me.

I unlocked my phone and showed him the text message, which read: "Hey Y/n, how are you? I was thinking, do you want to go out to lunch? Maybe we can talk about what happened between us because it's been years and I still don't understand what happened. I hope to hear from you soon."

I had been surprised with how mature the text had been, especially considering the fact that he had been the most immature person that I had ever known. I had told Shawn all about him and about the relationship. Mike had pushed me with so much and it just got to be too much. I had to break up with him.

"Okay." Shawn finally said.

"Okay what?" I asked. Grace had left to give us space.

"Okay you should do it. Hear what he has to say. Explain everything to him. But I want to go with you." He said. I smiled.

"I don't want to go without you. Thank you honey." I said as I kissed him.

Part 2?