74. Paparazzi

Today I was walking through Los Angeles with one of Shawn's buddies Teddy. We went shopping in LA and got our nails done.

"So, how's it going with Shawn? Especially now that you're engaged?" Teddy asked.

"It's going great. Before we start planning the wedding we kind of just want to savor it all, you know? We're just so in love and we both agreed that now that we're engaged it's like we've fallen even harder for each other. We didn't even know that was possible!" I said with a small laugh.

"That's so sweet! You can tell that you guys are so in love. I mean, Shawn literally had us stop what we were doing so he could play 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran so you guys could slow dance to it the other day. Remember that?" Teddy asked.

"Of course I do! That was so sweet of him. See, he's always doing sweet stuff like that. He didn't want the proposal to be all out and extravagant, he wanted it to be intimate, that's why he did it when we were going to bed. I had been worried that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because I was so excited but he sang to me and that helped me go to sleep. He has such a calming voice." I said.

"What did he sing? Do you remember?" Teddy asked as we continued to walk. I spotted paparazzi up ahead, facing us.

"Oh shit." I said.

"What?" Teddy asked.

"Paparazzi. Up ahead." I said. Teddy and I both put on our sunglasses, hoping to hide the flashes from our eyes.

"Y/N! Y/N! WHO ARE YOU WITH?" One paparazzo asked.

"Y/N! OVER HERE!" Another screamed. Then one said something that bothered me.

"Y/n, are you pregnant? You look like you're getting a little fat." He said. Teddy and I immediately started to walk faster to the car. We soon got to it, I somehow ignored everything else that was being screamed at me. That one comment really hurt. I've always been insecure, so for him to say that was just another blow to me. Should I tell Shawn?

"Hun, are you okay?" Teddy asked once we started driving away.

"I don't know. I've always been insecure, especially about my weight, so for him to say that was like another blow. It really hurt." I said.

"Are you going to tell Shawn?" Teddy asked.

"I think so, but I want to tell him in private. Is there a more private place in the studio house that we can go to? Maybe a bedroom?" I asked.

"Yeah there's a bedroom that you can go to." Teddy said.

"Okay." I said right as we pulled up to the studio house. Teddy and I got out and went inside.

As hurt as I was, I was still able to smile when I saw Shawn. He always makes me smile, no matter what.

"Hi baby girl. Come give me a kiss." Shawn said when he saw me, a smile also on his face.

"Hi baby boy." I said as I walked over to him to give him a kiss. He pecked my lips quickly, leaving me sad. Right now, I needed more than a peck. "Is there a bedroom that you and I can go to right now?" I asked.

"Baby, we don't really have time for that right now and it's not really the right place for it." Shawn said shyly, a blush rising to his cheeks.

"SHAWN! That's not what I meant. I need to talk to you about something." I said, swatting at his chest.

"Everything okay?" Shawn said as we got up and walked to the back bedroom. Once we got back there, we sat down on the bed to talk.

"Well, the paparazzi found Teddy and I today." I said.

"WHAT?" Shawn yelled.

"The paparazzi found Teddy and I and they were yelling stuff at us but there was mainly only one that I heard." I said.

"What did he yell?" Shawn asked.

"'Y/n, are you pregnant? You look like you're getting a little fat.'" I quoted. "And it's true Shawn - not that I'm pregnant, but that I'm fat." I said, looking at the floor.

"Baby girl look at me." Shawn urged me. I shook my head no. He put his index finger under my chin and lightly raised my head up to look at him. I looked into his caramel eyes. His caramel eyes were searching my own eyes. "You are not fat. You're far from it. You're healthy and you're perfect to me. Even if you were fat, which you're not, I would still love you. I love you baby and I know it's hard but please try to ignore the paparazzi." Shawn said, making me feel so loved.

"Thank you babe. I'll try. It's easier when I'm with you. That way I have my knight in black skinny jeans." I said with a laugh. He rolled his eyes but I could tell that he loved what I had just said.

"I can't wait to marry you darling. Do you think that we could start planning it soon?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course. You'll help me, right? I want you to be involved in the process. Is that okay?" I asked.

"I want to be involved in everything, except for your wedding dress. That's for you to know about, and for me to find out about when you walk down the aisle. God I can't wait. I love you my dear." Shawn said.

"I can't wait either. I love you too. Now kiss me." I said with a smile. He smiled before placing his lips on mine, I could feel sparks throughout my body, I could feel my blood pumping faster, my heart was beating like crazy. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, all while his lips were on mine. Shawn drove me crazy, but in a good way, like crazy in love. I can't wait to marry Shawn Peter Raul Mendes.