85. Another Nightmare

I sat on the floor of my mom's kitchen, on my phone when I heard something. I looked up to find Joe coming in through the window. Joe did our family wrong, and he wasn't supposed to be here.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked. He must not have seen me prior to me speaking because my words scared him. He tried to give me a hug but I backed away.

"I'm just here to get some stuff." He said.

"You need to leave." I said.

"I need to get my stuff." He said again. Then he did something bad. He physically grabbed me and we fought. The cops were eventually called, but it was terrible and I was really shaken up. He had threatened me too.

I sat up in bed from the nightmare of Joe breaking into the house. That dream really freaked me out. What time was it? 2:30 in the morning. I looked to the right side of the bed. Shawn must still have been at the studio because he wasn't in bed with me. I didn't want to go back to bed without him. I grabbed my phone, unlocked it, and called him.

"Baby? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Shawn immediately asked, knowing I would never call this early in the morning unless something had happened.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at the studio baby. What happened?" Shawn asked, panicking.

"I had a bad nightmare." I said.

"I'm coming home." He said. Usually I would tell him to keep working until he feels done, but I needed him.

"Thank you. I love you, I'll wait for you in the living room." I said.

"Anything for my baby. Okay sweetheart, I love you too." Shawn said.

I left our bedroom and went downstairs to our living room. I turned on the lights. In the nightmare, Joe had gotten in through the windows, so I checked to make sure that all of the windows were shut all the way throughout the house. When I finished, I went into the living room and sat down on the couch, hugging my knees to my chest, still shaken up. A few minutes later I heard a car speed into the driveway, followed by footsteps running, then someone unlocking the door. Shawn walked in.

"Baby girl." Shawn said as I rushed into his arms and cried. "You're okay, I'm here now, you're okay, I'm not going anywhere. I'll hold you until you fall asleep tonight." Shawn said.

"I don't want to go back to bed, I'm too scared." I said to Shawn.

"Honey you have to, you have to get some rest." Shawn said. I nodded. "Do you want to talk about the nightmare?" Shawn asked. We sat down on the couch as he held me in his lap and I explained the dream to him as I cried. He held me close to him. "You're okay now, he's not going to hurt you. Do you want to go back to bed?" Shawn asked me. I shook my head no.

"I just want to stay up with you for a little bit handsome. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Of course my beautiful girl." Shawn said. I blushed at his words and looked down. He put his index finger underneath my chin and lightly pulled my head up so I was looking into his caramel eyes that I love to look into. "Is my beautiful girl blushing at my words?" Shawn asked.

"Of course I am. I blush whenever you call me beautiful or gorgeous. It makes me feel good because I don't usually think that I'm beautiful or gorgeous but you make me feel like I am sometimes. Thank you for that Shawn." I said, smiling at him.

"I'm glad I can make you feel beautiful, even if it's just sometimes. I'm here to make sure that you believe that you really are beautiful and gorgeous because let me tell you something honey, you're stunning." Shawn said with a smile on his face.

"Thank you baby. I love you." I said.

"You're welcome honey, it's the truth. I love you too." Shawn said. I looked at his lips, his wonderful, beautifully plump, divine lips.

"Kiss me Shawn" I said. He chuckled before placing his lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. I felt sparks throughout my body. I felt my heart racing, all as our lips moved in sync with each other's. We pulled apart, gasping for air after our passionate kiss.

"That kiss was amazing, per usual baby. Let's go to bed and I'll hold you and sing to you." Shawn said.

"Will you sing Never Be Alone to me and sling your leg over me please?" I asked Shawn.

"Of course darling." Shawn said with a smile on his face.

"Call me darling again." I requested. He put his lips to my ear.

"Darling." He whispered in a husky voice sending shivers down my spine. I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

"Come on, let's go to bed." I said to Shawn. He took me by the hand gently and led me upstairs. We got into bed and snuggled up to each other. Before he sang to me, I wanted to say something to him. "Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes honey?" Shawn said as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I noticed that he looked at me with so much love in his eyes.

"Thank you for coming home so quickly. The nightmare really shook me up." I said.

"You're welcome baby. I would move mountains for you. I'm here for you. Now let us fall asleep together." Shawn said as he held me close to him. He started to sing to me and I soon drifted off to a deep slumber without any nightmares. I'm so grateful for Shawn.