64. Talks and Proposal

Pictures of Camila Cabello and Shawn getting pizza after the pre-Grammy event were circulating their way around the internet. In the pictures, it looked like Shawn and Camila were sitting pretty close together, making me feel furious. Shawn had told me countless times that they're just friends, but I couldn't help feeling jealous of the relationship that the two of them had. They had the bonds of being a musician and singing. Me? I'm a school counselor. I can't bond with Shawn over a singing career. But she can and they were sitting a little too close for my liking.

Shawn was due home any minute now and I don't plan on telling him how I feel. I know that that's probably not healthy, but I just couldn't handle talking about this with him right now. To me, it could be a bit of a heavy topic since it upset me so much.

"Hi babe." Shawn said as he opened the door to our shared home. He had a smile on his face.

"Hey." I simply said. I started to worry. Would he be able to tell that I'm upset? He can always read me so well. What do I do if he brings it up?

"What's wrong Y/n?" He asked me. Crap.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Baby, something's going on, I can always read you, and I can tell that you're upset about something, so what is it?" Shawn asked.

"I'm fine, really." I lied again. I couldn't talk about it. Not now. Shawn sat down in front of me on the coffee table, turning off the television that had previously been on that I had been watching, trying to distract myself from all that was going on.

"No, honey. You're not. Please tell me what's wrong. I hate seeing you upset." He said, sincerity laced in his calm tone.

"Shawn, there's pictures of you and Camila at some pizza parlor." I said.

"Okay?" Shawn said, urging me to continue, knowing that there was more to what I had to say.

"You guys were sitting really close together and it just made me feel really insecure and uncomfortable. How do you think this makes me look? It makes me look like I'm sitting at home while my man is getting close to another woman. How do you think it makes us look, Shawn?" I blurted out.

"I'm so sorry honey. I didn't realize how close we were sitting together and I didn't realize that this would affect you this much. I love you." He said.

"It's okay. I just want to go to bed. I love you too." I said.

"Okay, let's head upstairs." Shawn said as he grabbed my hand gently and led me up the stairs and into our shared bedroom. We both changed into our pajamas and got into bed. "I love you my darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes?" He responded.

"Will you call me darling again? I love it when you call me darling." I said.

"Of course, darling, my darling." Shawn said as he whispered it into my ear, sending shivers down my spine and causing my heart to flutter as a smile made its way onto my face.

"Actually, can you sit on the edge of the side of the bed darling?" Shawn asked of me. I obliged as he got out of bed and walked over to our dresser. He reached into the top drawer and pulled out a little velvet box. He walked back over to me and got down on one knee.

"I'm usually not good with words unless they rhyme, so I'll keep this short and get right to the point. Y/f/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and being my one and only forever?" Shawn asked.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!" I said as I cried. He put the ring on my finger. Perfect fit. We both stood up and kissed.

"Now do you understand that there's nothing going on with Camila?" Shawn asked me.

"Yes, I do. Shawn, I can't wait to marry you. You're going to look so handsome, you always do." I said.

"Well you're going to look so beautiful in your white dress. You always look beautiful, no matter what you wear. You're always beautiful, period." Shawn said, causing me to blush. I hoped he didn't notice.

"Darling, you're blushing." Shawn pointed out with a laugh. I hid my face in his chest as my arms wrapped around his waist and he wrapped his arms around me too.

"As much as I love this moment honey, can we go to bed now? I don't know if I'll be able to fall asleep now because I'm so excited, but can we at least try to go to bed?" I asked.

"Of course Y/n. Come one, I'll tuck you in." He said. He did as he said he would and then got in on his side, but he soon pulled me over to him and wrapped his arms around me, locking me up close to him, holding me.

Gosh do I love this man, my fiancee.