60. Talks of the Future

A/N: Y/f/n = your first name, Y/l/n = your last name. Okay, let us begin!

Shawn and I had recently bought a house together and we couldn't be happier. Shawn had come back from the studio late last night, and even though I waited up for him, I still somehow woke up before him. I layed in our comfortable king size bed, waiting for him to wake up. I couldn't get up since he had slung his leg over my hip and waist when we fell asleep the night before. He didn't want to wake up with me not by his side. I was okay with this since I loved laying in his arms. His arms made me feel safe and they felt like home.

    I decided that I would admire Shawn's beautiful features as I layed in bed since I had nothing to do, I couldn't even reach for my phone, although I didn't mind staring at him as creepy as that sounds. He's just so handsome.

    Eventually, Shawn's eyes fluttered open, and after balling his fists and rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes, he saw me, and a massive smile spread out on his face, causing me to smile, and my heart to flutter.

    "Good morning gorgeous." Shawn said in his sexy raspy morning voice.

    "Good morning handsome." I said

    "Did you have a good sleep, my love?" Shawn asked me.

    "Yes. Did you? You came home late last night baby." I said.

    "I slept wonderfully all because I had you in my arms. I may have come home late but we got a lot of work done and I'm proud of that." Shawn said with a smile on his face.

    "Well I'm glad that you got a lot done, but can you promise me something Shawn?" I asked.

    "Of course darling." He said.

    "Promise me you'll take care of yourself?" I asked, no, pleaded.

    "Of course I will honey. I promise. Now, can I ask you a question?" Shawn asked me.

    "Yeah." I said.

    "Do you ever think about marriage?" Shawn asked me. I was slightly shocked. We had never talked about marriage before, so this was his first time bringing it up.

    "Sometimes, yeah, I do." I responded.

    "Do you ever think about marriage with me?" Shawn asked. His nervousness radiated off of him. I ran my fingers through his hair before answering, hoping to calm him down at least a little bit. It worked, but just a little bit.

    "Yes, I do Shawn." I said with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me and I could tell that his nerves were gone. He suddenly smashed his lips on mine, but his kisses were still gentle, loving, and passionate.

    "I love you Y/f/n Y/l/n. You make me so happy." Shawn told me once he pulled away from kissing me.

    "And I love you Shawn Mendes. You make me happier that I could have ever imagined." I said in response.

    "Now," Shawn started "I have another question for you." He said.

    "Okay." I said.

    "Have you ever thought about having babies with me? Because let me tell you something, I have thought about it, and our babies would be so damn cute." Shawn said, causing me to giggle.

    "I have thought about having babies with you, and yes they would indeed be cute." I said.

    "Good, because, God would I love to have kids with you. Little Y/n's and little Shawn's running around this house. I know that we're going to have so many good memories in this house honey." Shawn said, causing a smile to spread on my face.

    "Shawn?" I asked.

    "Yes gorgeous?" Shawn responded.

    "Have you ever thought about baby names for our future kids?" I asked. Now it was my turn to have the nerves radiate off of me. Shawn must have been able to tell that I was nervous because he started to rub my back, a motion that soothed me a little bit.

    "I guess I haven't really thought about names that much. What ideas do you have for names? I know you, you must have some names rattling around in there." Shawn said with a laugh, causing me to laugh too.

    "Of course I have. Well, since my Uncle Scottie died, I've always known that I want to name my son after him, and I want to name my son after Jake, so I was thinking of Jacob Scott for a boy. I would really love to have the Scott in there for my uncle, that's really important to me, but if you don't like it, then we don't have to put the name Scott in there." I said.

    "Honey, I love those names, and I know that having your Uncle's name in there would be very special for you. I think that the name Jacob Scott would be perfect if we had a little boy." Shawn said, causing tears to come to my eyes, happy tears of course. I kissed Shawn. "Now what have you thought about for names for a girl, my love?" Shawn asked me after we pulled away.

    "I like the name Rose for my aunt, and I like the name Lucy or Lucille for my great grandmother. I don't care if it's Rose Lucille or Lucille Rose, I think they both sound beautiful." I said. Shawn nodded.

    "Those names sound perfect darling. I like how you're interested in naming our kids in honor of your loved ones that are gone." Shawn said.

    "Really? You don't think it's weird?" I asked my loving boyfriend.

    "Nope. I don't think it's weird at all. I think it's great. I love how you came up with all of the names." Shawn said with a laugh. I laughed too.

    "Can I tell you something else darling?" Shawn asked me.

    "Of course handsome." I said.

    "I can't wait to put a ring on your finger. Now that I know what your answer will be, I can promise you, the question will be coming soon. You won't know when, but it will be coming." Shawn said with a mischievous but loving smile on his face.

    "Is that so?" I asked teasingly.

    "Yup." Shawn said.

    "Well my handsome man, I'm excited for it. I love you Shawn." I said with the biggest smile on my face. We had just talked about some really important stuff and I'm glad that we did.

    "I love you too Y/n. Now come on, let's get some breakfast, I'm starving." Shawn said as he took his leg off me and got up. I love him, and I'm glad that he loves me just as much.