177. Shawn Gets Sick

I woke up to the sound of someone coughing. I could tell that it was Shawn's cough. Shawn was in the bathroom and it sounded almost like he was throwing up. I got out of bed, walked over to the bathroom, and opened the door. Sure enough, Shawn was hunched over the toilet, throwing up. He looked up at me.

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry baby, go back to bed." Shawn said. I walked over to him, crouched down, and rubbed his back.

"It's okay, I'm here for you." I said.

"Baby go back to bed. I didn't mean to wake you up." Shawn said.

"No honey, it's okay. I want to stay up with you. What time is it?" I asked, going in the bedroom to check my phone. Four o'clock in the morning. I walked back over to Shawn. "It's four in the morning. When you're ready to go back to bed, I want you to lay down and I'll get you some medicine, okay hun?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head.

"Okay baby girl." Shawn said. When he was done getting sick, he walked back over to the bed and got in underneath the covers. I grabbed him some medicine and went back into our bedroom only to find him tugging at his curls.

"What's wrong baby boy?" I asked as I sat down on the bed.

"We were supposed to spend time together today and I messed it up by getting sick." Shawn said.

"Baby that's okay. You have no control over that. We can still watch movies and spend some time together." I said. Shawn shook his head no.

"No, I want you to go out and do something or at least be in another room. I don't want you to get sick." Shawn said.

"Shawn, listen to me. Are you listening to me?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head.

"Yes baby girl." He said.

"I don't care if I get sick or not. I just want to be with you. Okay?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Okay. But no kisses." Shawn said.

"Okay, but I do want to kiss your cheek." I said as I leaned forward to kiss his cheek. He swerved away from me so I couldn't kiss his cheek.

"No baby because then you'll get sick." He said.

"Like I said, I don't care if I get sick or not. Let me just kiss your cheek, okay?" I asked. Shawn let out a sigh.

"Fine." Shawn said. I smiled at him and placed my lips on his hot cheek. I then stood up and grabbed a thermometer. I gave it to Shawn and he put it in his mouth. I checked it when it beeped. One hundred degrees. I frowned. "What is it?" Shawn asked.

"One hundred degrees." I said. Shawn sighed again.

"Do you mind if I rest for a little bit? I feel exhausted." Shawn asked and said. I nodded.

"Go ahead baby. I'll hold you." I said. Shawn shook his head then stopped.

"Even if I protest to that, you won't care, will you?" Shawn asked with a smirk.

"Nope. I'm going to hold you whether you like it or not." I said. Shawn laughed, which caused a coughing fit, which caused him to run to the bathroom to get sick. I went into the bathroom and rubbed his back as he got sick. When he was done, he looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I hate feeling like this baby girl." Shawn said as he wiped his mouth.

"I know honey. Come here." I said, opening my arms up for him to come into them. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck loosley. I felt his tears fall onto my shoulder. "You're okay baby boy, you're okay." I said, hopefully reassuring him. Shawn pulled away but kept his hands on my waist as my hands stayed on his biceps.

"I just don't like feeling like this." Shawn said.

"I know. Come on, let's go back to bed." I said. I climbed into bed with Shawn and held him. I laid on my back as he put his head on my chest. We fell asleep like that, and after a shitty day of Shawn not feeling good, he became himself again and felt better. I'm so glad that I could help him.