185. He Meets Your Friends

My number one best friend is Grace. My other best friends are Avery and Anna. I've been dating the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, for two and a half months and I think that it's time for him to meet the three people that mean the world to me. I wanted to talk to Shawn about him meeting them before they meet rather than just surprising it on him. Plus, I still need to talk to my best friends about it too. Shawn soon came over to my house and walked down the stairs to where I was in the basement.

"Hi baby boy." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled at me before opening his arms up for me to come into them. I gladly walked into his arms and he looked at me and kissed my forehead before speaking.

"Hi baby girl. How's my girl doing?" Shawn asked. Him calling me his girl caused me to blush.

"Your girl is doing good. How's my man doing?" I asked.

"Your man is happy to be with his girl. I miss you whenever I'm away from you." He said.

"Oh honey, I feel the same way. Now come on, let's sit on the couch. I want to talk to you about something." I said, pulling him over to the couch.

"Everything okay?" He asked as we sat down, a look of concern etched across his face.

"Yeah, I was just thinking and, well, I want you to meet my friends." I said while playing with his big manly fingers. He sighed.

"Do you think I'm ready for that?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course I do, or else I wouldn't have brought it up. What do you think?" I said and asked.

"I think it's a good idea, it just makes me a little nervous." Shawn said.

"Why baby boy?" I asked.

"Well I'm nervous because these people mean a lot to you, you know? This is important." Shawn asked and said. I nodded.

"Yes, it is important, but as long as you're yourself, they're going to love you." I said.

"Really?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course. I still have to talk to them about meeting up though. So what do you think?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I think that it's a good idea, and as long as you're by my side, I'll be okay." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Okay. I'll set it up." I said.

One week later

Today my three best friends, Grace, Avery and Anna are meeting my boyfriend Shawn. I'm slightly nervous, but I know that they're going to love him, just like I do. There was a knock at the door and Shawn soon entered into my house. He smiled at me and gave me a kiss. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Shawn makes my knees weak. I get these feelings every single time that Shawn and I kiss and I love it.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said.

"Hi baby boy. The girls will be here soon." I said. Shawn nodded and I could see the nervousness setting in. "You're okay. Just breathe and be yourself, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded and there was soon a knock on the door. Avery had arrived with Anna first.

"Hi Y/n!" Avery and Anna said at the same time. I gave them hugs.

"Hi guys. Grace should be here soon." I said. They nodded. "This is my boyfriend Shawn. Shawn this is Avery, and this is Anna." I said gesturing to them. Shawn shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you guys." Shawn said.

"Nice to meet you too." Avery said, and Anna said the same thing after Avery did. Grace soon pulled up and walked in. She walked right over to me and gave me a hug.

"Hello! How are you?" Grace asked. I hugged her back.

"Hi! I'm good, how are you?" I asked.

"Good." Grace said, waved at Avery and Anna, then turned to Shawn. Shawn knew that Grace is my bestest best friend and he looked almost like he gulped. I knew that he really wanted her to like him. "You must be Shawn." She said to him.

"I am. It's nice to meet you Grace." Shawn said.

"Nice to meet you too." She said.

"Well, let's all sit down. Anyone want anything to eat or drink?" I said and asked. They all said no and everyone sat down. Avery and Anna sat on the couch, Shawn and I sat on the loveseat, and Grace sat in the rocking chair, across from Shawn and I. She looked at Shawn and started to speak. She could be a little intimidating at times.

"So, what are your intentions with my Y/n?" Grace asked Shawn. I was holding Shawn's hand.

"Well, my intentions are to love her, protect her, and care for her. I want to make her happy and treat her like a princess." Shawn said with a nervous smile on his face. Grace nodded.

"What are you going to do about the relationship when you're away?" She asked.

"Her and I were actually just talking about this. We'll call and facetime as much as possible, hopefully at least once a day if the timezones allow it. I wouldn't want to call her when she's asleep." He said. I rubbed his arm with the hand that wasn't holding his hand. He smiled at me.

"Yeah, if you wake me up, I'll have to kill you." I said jokingly. Everyone laughed.

"Well, as long as you don't hurt her, we'll be good." Grace said. Shawn nodded.

"I second that." Anna said.

"I third that." Avery said. We all smiled at each other.

"Don't worry, I would never do anything to hurt her. I want to protect her from everything that could be painful." Shawn said.

"Well you can't hide her from the world. The world is painful sometimes." Grace said.

"I know. I just want to protect her as much as I can." Shawn said.

"She gets hate from fans," Avery said. "What are you going to do about that?" She asked.

"I'll protect her from it as much as I can." Shawn said.

"I try not to look at it, but sometimes it gets hard. But, whenever I'm upset about it, Shawn comforts me. Shawn can always tell when I'm upset and if I need to cry, he holds me and comforts me. Don't worry guys, I'm in good hands. He treats me right, and I'm not just saying that because he's here." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"That was so cute." Avery said, causing all of us to laugh.

"Okay, you've passed my test." Grace said with a smile. I smiled at her and then at Shawn, who looked relieved. He looked at Avery and Anna.

"Don't worry, you passed our test too." Avery said, and Anna nodded. Shawn sighed a breath of relief.

"Okay, good. Thank you guys. I know how important you all are to Y/n so I want to make a good impression on you guys." Shawn said.

"Well you did." Grace said. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt happy that my friends accepted him and that he accepted them too. As my three best friends talked to each other, Shawn looked over at me.

"I'm happy." Shawn said.

"Me too." I said and kissed him. I got the same feelings. The sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing. Everything. For the rest of the day, the five of us enjoyed spending time together, and we were all happy with each other. I couldn't be happier that my friends accepted Shawn.