190. Pregnancy Photos

I have been pregnant for six months. My husband, and the father of my child, is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. We're so excited to be pregnant and expecting because this is our first child. Well, we miscarried the first time, so we're being very careful this time around. Today, Shawn and I were sitting on the couch when he got up, got a bag of chips, came over, and sat back down. I bursted into tears. Shawn had a look of panic on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted anything from the kitchen." I cried. Damn, these mood swings are killing me.

"Do you want something from the kitchen?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No, but you didn't ask me." I said.

"I'm sorry honey, I promise you that I'll ask next time." Shawn said, rubbing my cheek. I closed my eyes and his touch calmed me down.

"I'm sorry that I'm so emotional." I said, looking at my husband and seeing him look at me with nothing but love and adoration in return.

"It's okay. I know that it's the pregnancy, so it's okay." Shawn said.

"No, it's not okay. I shouldn't be this emotional." I said, looking down. Shawn put his index finger underneath my chin and lifted it up gently.

"Baby girl, this is completely normal. Please don't get upset. Okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"I love you." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you too. Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"My love, you never have to ask. Come here." Shawn requested. We leaned forward and our lips met. I felt sparks shootout throughout my stomach like fireworks, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. My lips were left feeling tingly when we pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That was amazing Shawn." I said.

"Just like always." Shawn said with a smile. I smiled at him and pecked his lips. It was soon time for bed and Shawn tucked me in. Due to the fact that my stomach is getting so big, Shawn and I can't face each other when we go to bed. Now, I have to lay with my back up against his chest as he holds me.

The next day

Shawn and I were sitting on the couch when suddenly he jumped up.

"Baby girl I just got the most amazing idea!" He said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"We should do a pregnancy photoshoot." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"That is an amazing idea. Let's do it. But who would take the photos?" I asked. Shawn barely had to think before answering.

"Josiah would. I'll ask him." Shawn said as he sat back down on the couch and pulled out his phone. "There, I asked him. We should probably take them here, at home." Shawn said.

"Or we could take them at the park that's near by. I've seen photos on Pinterest of people doing pregnancy photoshoots outdoors and the woman dresses up in a nice dress and the guy dresses up too and at some point she cradles her stomach and stuff like that." I said.

"Wait, have you already looked into this?" Shawn asked, a look of confusion already on his face. I nodded.

"I was going to surprise you and have Josiah take the photos for us. I was going to somehow trick you into getting dressed up a little and then taking you to the park where we could do it. Are you mad?" I asked, suddenly worried.

"No! God, no. I'm proud of you. You came up with all by yourself and didn't tell me and you always tell me everything, even presents you got for me." Shawn said with a small chuckle at the end. I smiled at him and brushed a loose curl from his face. He closed his eyes when I did this and leaned into my touch.

"I love you Shawn. I just want to make you happy." I said.

"I love you too Y/n. You make me the happiest man in the world." Shawn said. We smiled at each other.

A week later

Today, Shawn and I are having a pregnancy photoshoot done by his photographer, Josiah Van Dien. I had originally planned on surprising Shawn by tricking him into getting slightly dressed up and then take him to the park for the photos, but then Shawn came up with the idea too, so I had to tell him. I didn't show Shawn the dress ahead of time so when I walked down the stairs wearing a loose white dress, it was his first time seeing me in it.

"Shawn?" I called out. He turned around and clapped his hands to his mouth. I suddenly became nervous. Does he not like it? "Do I look okay?" I asked timidly. Shawn walked over to me, put his hands on my waist, and looked me in the eyes.

"Baby, you look more than okay. You look beautiful." Shawn said. My nerves drifted away and I smiled at him. I gently grabbed his hand.

"Thank you baby. Now come on, we're meeting Josiah at the park." I said. Shawn drove to the park and we waved to Josiah when we saw him. Josiah walked over to us.

"Hi guys. Y/n you look beautiful." Josiah said.

"You're right, but let's not forget that she's mine." Shawn said, putting his arm around my waist. I laughed as Josiah put his hands up in a surrender.

"I was just complimenting her." Josiah said.

"Shawn, calm down." I said. Shawn looked at me and his face softened. He nodded.

"All right, are we ready?" Josiah asked. Shawn and I nodded. I started to feel nervous as we started walking. I wasn't sure of how to do this since this was my first time. I squeezed Shawn's hand. Shawn looked at me.

"Hey Josiah, can we stop for a second so I can talk to Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Sure. I'll just go ahead to the spot." Josiah said. Shawn and I nodded and Josiah walked away.

"What's wrong baby girl?" Shawn asked me.

"Don't laugh but, I'm just a little nervous. I've never done this before so I don't know what to do." I said.

"Honey I would never laugh. That's okay, it's my first time too. We'll figure this out together, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. We walked ahead and met up with Josiah.

"Hey guys, everything all right?" Josiah asked.

"Yeah." Shawn and I said in unison. Josiah nodded.

"Alright, let's begin, shall we?" Josiah asked with a smile. We began the photoshoot and took tons of pictures. We took a few of me just cradling my oh so pregnant belly. We took another of Shawn and I holding hands featuring my pregnant belly, and another of Shawn having his hands on my belly from behind. We took a lot of photos and they all came out really well. By the time that we were done, my feet were killing me and Shawn practically had to carry me to the car. We got home and Shawn and I looked over the photos.

"So, which one is your favorite?" I asked Shawn.

"The one where I'm holding your stomach from behind. What's your baby?" Shawn asked me.

"Either that one or the one where we're holding hands near my belly." I said. Shawn smiled and nodded as he brushed a stray hair away from my face.

"You're so beautiful." Shawn said. I blushed.

"And you're so handsome. Can we cuddle?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Of course we can cuddle. I love to cuddle with my beautiful wife." Shawn said. I blushed again. When Shawn saw that I was blushing, he threw his head back with laughter before kissing my cheek. I rested my head on his chest, closed my eyes, and smiled.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Shawn said. Later on in the month, we framed our favorite photo and put it up in our room. I'm so in love with Shawn, and I can't wait to have his baby.