76. You tell him you're pregnant

My husband Shawn was coming home tonight after finishing his world tour for his most recent album. I was feeling so excited to see him and I just couldn't wait. There are two doors that lead into our house, and they both enter into the living room, or at least right next to the living room. I sat in the living room of mine and Shawn's shared home, impatiently waiting for him to arrive home. He was going to take a taxi from the airport to our house.

    I suddenly heard a car pulling into our driveway and I started to feel very excited. So much has happened and I told Shawn about a lot of it but there was some stuff that I wanted to wait until he got home before I told him. Like the fact that I was pregnant. I was slightly nervous to tell him but we've been married for a year and I know that he can't wait to have a family.

The door opened and Shawn walked in. I immediately ran into his arms and he held me close to him. He pulled away only to kiss me. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt sparks throughout my body. I felt my blood pumping faster. I could feel my heart beating like crazy. After being together for six years, I'm still crazy in love with him, and I know that he's still crazy in love with me. He's told me that before and it makes me so happy.

"Hi baby." Shawn said with a smile on his face as we pulled away from each other, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"Hi honey. How are you doing? Are you tired?" I asked Shawn.

"A little tired but I want to spend time with you. I haven't seen you in so long. I need to be with my wife again." Shawn said, causing me to smile. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Well, you're with your wife again. Come on, let's lay in bed and talk." I said.

"No, because then I'll fall asleep. Let's sit on the couch and talk." Shawn said, taking my hand and leading me to our couch in the family room, rather than in the living room. The family room had a piano in it and a computer, so it was more like a place where Shawn could work, rather than a family room, and yet, I couldn't help but think of how in some months we would have a little one in this room while Shawn plays the piano.

"You okay baby? You're quiet." Shawn said, a look of concern etched across his face.

"Yeah, just thinking. I have to go grab something, I'll be right back." I said. My heart started to beat faster. I suddenly got very nervous and anxious.

"Okay baby, hurry back, I missed you." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I missed you too." I said. I ran upstairs and found the little box that I had put the pregnancy stick in. I checked to make sure that the stick was still there, and then brought the box downstairs. Shawn was on his phone, but looked up with a smile when he saw me and heard me coming down the stairs.

"Hi baby girl. What do you have?" Shawn asked.

"Well, it's actually for you." I said, still feeling very nervous, I could still feel my heart racing. I suddenly got scared. What if Shawn actually doesn't want a family with me? What if he gets upset? I was snapped out of my thoughts when Shawn started to speak.

"You didn't have to get me anything. Are you sure you're okay? You look nervous." Shawn said.

"I'm just worried that you won't like the gift." I said, slightly admitting how I felt. It's not like it was a lie.

"Well honey, I know I'm going to love it." Shawn said with a smile. He opened the box and saw the pregnancy test. His eyes widened and I couldn't read his expression.

"Shawn? Say something, anything." I said. Suddenly tears brimmed his eyes and he looked at me with a smile on his face.

"We're having a baby?" Shawn asked in a whisper. I nodded my head, smiling too as tears also formed in my eyes.

"Yeah. We are Shawn." I said.

"I'm going to be a dad. Y/n, I'm going to be a dad, and you're going to be a mom. Oh my gosh this is the greatest gift ever. Wait, were you worried that I wouldn't want a baby?" Shawn asked. I looked down, feeling guilty for thinking that. Shawn stood up and put his index finger under my chin, lightly urging me to look at him. I looked into his loving caramel eyes. "Honey, this is the greatest gift I've ever gotten. I've always wanted kids with you." He said.

"Really?" I asked. I had no clue that he had always wanted kids with me.

"Yeah. You're going to be the best mom ever honey. God I can't believe that we're going to be parents." Shawn said, a tear falling down onto his cheek. I wiped it away with the pad of my thumb as he wiped away the tear that had fallen onto my cheek. He got down on his knees and started to speak to my stomach, causing more tears to fall for both me and Shawn.

"Hi little one, it's your daddy. I'm going to love you like you've never been loved before, I already love you. I can't wait to meet you. I'm going to spoil you rotten, no matter what mommy says." That made me giggle. He continued. "If you're a boy, I can promise you that I'll raise you to be a good man, just like your grandfathers, and maybe me. Mommy says I'm a good man and a good example. If you're a girl," Shawn started to get more choked up. "If you're a girl, I'm going to treat you like the princess that you are. I'll even buy you a mini tiara, because guess what? You're my princess. I love you, and just know that mommy and I love you very much." Shawn said as he stood back up and kissed me with a passion.

"Shawn, I can't wait to see him or her." I said, tears still rolling down my face. Shawn wiped them away.

"Neither can I Y/n." Shawn said as I wiped his tears away again. We held each other close, but I noticed that Shawn was being gentle with me - not that he was ever not gentle with me, but he didn't press me to him as close as usual.

"I love you Shawn." I said with a smile on my face.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said with a smile on his face.