38. For Shannon

Shawn's perspective

"Shawn, you need to take this." My mom said. My head throbbed from the migraine that I had. I was in so much pain that I didn't want to move, let alone take the medicine that she was holding in her hand. I just couldn't do it.

    "Mom, I don't even want to move, I hate to talk, I can't take those pills. I'm in too much pain." I said

    "Well, if I can't get you to take them, maybe Shannon can." Mom said. Oh gosh.

    "No mom," I said "I don't want Shannon to worry and see me like this. Please don't call her." But it was too late. My mom was already walking out of my room with her phone in her hand.

Shannon's perspective

    I was reading a book when my phone rang. I looked at the contact. It was Karen, my boyfriend's mom. I answered it right away.

    "Hey Karen! How are you?" I asked

    "I'm okay, but Shawn's not. He has a migraine and he refuses to take his medicine. Can you help us out please? He might take it if you offer him the medicine." She said.

    "Of course. I'll head over right now." I said, immediately getting my shoes on and heading over to Shawn's house right away. I wanted my love to feel better and I would do anything to help make him feel better. I arrived at Shawn's house within ten minutes of Karen's call, and Karen immediately let me in. I headed up to Shawn's room, medicine in hand.

    "Shawn?" I called out.

    "Shannon? I told my mom not to call you, I did not want you to see me like this. I have a migraine and I feel like I can barely move, it hurts too much. I don't want to take the medicine, so please don't make me." He said.

    "Fine. I'll just take Leo then." I said, taking Leo the lion, his favorite stuffed animal.

    "Fine! I'll take it! Just give me Leo back!" He called out. I giggled, handing him Leo and the pills that he popped into his mouth, helping him feel better.