31. For Shannon

Shawn's perspective

"Aaliyah, I told you not to touch my guitars! Why were you touching them?" I yelled at my little sister. I was furious and I felt like I had every reason to be.

"Shawn I just wanted to play with one! Why is that so bad?" She responded.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! THESE ARE MY BABIES! DON'T TOUCH THEM AALIYAH!" I screamed.

"FINE!" She screamed back.

I needed to calm down but tears were already streaming down my face as my sister stomped away. "What happened?" I heard my mom say as she walked in with my dad. I told them the story.

"Shawn you shouldn't have freaked out on her like that. You're grounded." My dad said.

"I know that, I just do not know why I got so upset and now I'm crying and I can't seem to stop." I said as my parents tried to comfort me even though they had just grounded me. It wasn't working.

"I'm calling Shannon." My mom said.

Shannon's perspective

My phone rang and I smiled when I saw that it was Karen.

"Hey Karen." I said

"Hey Shannon. We have a bit of a situation going on right now. Shawn and Aaliyah got into a fight over his guitars and now he's crying but he's not sure why. Manny and I tried to calm him down but nothing we did would help him. We actually grounded him because of the way that he was acting. Aaliyah even apologised to him. Could you come over here please? I think you'll be able to help him." She said.

"Of course. I'll be over there soon." I responded.

Within ten minutes I was at Shawn's house. I know I should not have driven a little fast, but my baby was hurting and that broke my heart.

When I got there, Karen was already standing at the door and led me directly to his room. What I saw broke my heart even more. Shawn was lying on his bed with tears streaming down his face. His eyes were red and puffy. I held back my own tears.

"Shawn?" I asked as I knocked on his door. He looked up and immediately enveloped me in a hug while he let out sobs. I moved him back to his bed as we sat down and I let him cry it out on my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

"Shhh baby, it's okay, I'm here, it's alright." I said. He finally looked up at me and smiled a little.

"Thank you for coming over baby, but are you sure that you're supposed to be here? I mean, I'm grounded for the way that I acted to my sister. I flipped out on her for no reason. All because she touched my guitars. Man I'm such a terrible brother." He said.

"Shawn, stop it. First of all, you are an amazing brother. Second of all, your mom called me to come over. I love you and I'll do anything to cheer you up. What can I do?" I asked as I rubbed his hands that I was holding.

"You've already helped me honey. You always make me feel better. Thanks for letting me cry it out and for being here. I love you Shannon." He said.

"Of course. I love you too Shawn." I smiled as I replied and he crashed his lips onto mine. I am so glad that he is happy again.

this is my longest one! I hope you like it Shannon!