144. Shawn Has To Leave The Kids

Today, my husband Shawn Mendes leaves for the first tour that he's done in five years. He took a break from music when our oldest child, our daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes was born. He wanted to wait until she was at least five before he started making music again. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been writing in the meantime, but he just hasn't been recording the music up until recently. We also have a son, Skylar "Sky" Scott Mendes. He's three years old. I was laying in bed thinking about the fact that Shawn has to leave today when he woke up. He immediately smiled at me.

"Good morning gorgeous." Shawn said in his sexy, raspy, morning voice.

"Good morning handsome." I said with a smile. He frowned and looked down a little.

"I am so not looking forward to today." Shawn said.

"I know honey. But everything will be okay." I said. He looked at me, tears forming in his eyes.

"I don't want to leave my family." Shawn said. We both sat up and leaned against our headboard.

"I know, and we're not going to like it either, but this is for your career." I said.

"I know. I'm going to miss you guys so much." Shawn said, tears now streaming down his face. I moved myself so I was straddling him, one leg on each side of him. I wiped his tears away. I could feel his eyes examining my face. "You're so beautiful." Shawn said. I looked into his caramel eyes and smiled.

"Thank you handsome." I said. I felt a lump in my throat as I remembered what it was like for us before when he was on tour and far away. I've always hated being away from him. I just hate it so much. He's the love of my life, and now I'll have to take care of the kids all by myself. Well, not by myself. My mom and Karen, along with friends, have offered to help me while Shawn's away.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay without me? I'm not saying that you can't do it on your own, I'm just saying that maybe I shouldn't go on tour, maybe I should stay home." Shawn asked and said.

"Honey, I can do it. Luckily we have a good support system, good friends and family members that are willing to help me out. I'm fine. I'm just going to miss you, that's all." I said. I knew he was looking for an excuse to stay home with us. Shawn nodded his head.

"Okay. I love you so much baby girl. You know that right?" Shawn asked as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I nodded my head.

"Of course I do. I love you too." I said, putting my hand on Shawn's shirtless chest as I started to rub his chest. He's always loved it when I do that. He closed his eyes in contentment and smiled. We laid back down and held each other for a little bit longer. We then heard footsteps padding into the room.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Rose called out. I looked over and saw my lovely daughter.

"Hi pumpkin. Want to get on the bed with Daddy and I?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She said. I picked her up, put her on the bed, and she immediately went to Shawn.

"Morning my Rosie girl." Shawn said while smiling at his precious daughter. He's always called her his Rosie girl. She's the biggest Daddy's girl I've ever seen.

"Morning Daddy. Why are you leaving us?" She asked, obviously not realizing that her question could hurt Shawn and make him emotional. I saw his eyes well up with tears and they soon ran down his face. He put his head in his hands and cried.

"Rose, come here." I said. She crawled over to me and sat on my lap. By now, Shawn and I were sitting up again. "Daddy has to leave because it's part of his job. But don't worry because we can still call Daddy and I can text him for you and we can Facetime him too. Okay?" I asked. She looked at Shawn.