164. Divorce?

A/n: In this imagine, you and Shawn are married but have no kids.

My husband of two years, Shawn Mendes, and I, have fought everyday for the past five days. I hate fighting with him, it breaks my heart. I'm starting to think that if this continues, we should go to marriage counseling. I want us to work through this. My parents got a divorce and it really affected me. I don't want to get a divorce. In my opinion, divorce is not an option, and Shawn knows this. Shawn and I were fighting when he dropped a bomb on me.

"You know that I've been working late because I'm trying to make sure that everything is perfect!" Shawn yelled.

"Why are we fighting about this? Shawn I just want you to make sure that you're taking care of yourself and that you don't let this take a toll on you." I asked and said.

"You know what's taking a toll on me? This fighting. Maybe we should get a divorce." Shawn said. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"Shawn how could you? You know how I feel about divorce. You know that I don't think that it's an option. You know that my parents got a divorce and you know that it took a major toll on me and really affected me. How dare you even bring that up. How could you Shawn?" I asked. Tears came pouring down my face as I ran up the stairs to our bedroom, slammed the door, and locked it so Shawn couldn't get in. He would be sleeping on the couch. I heard him scream and then punch something. I would have gone downstairs to check on him but I could barely even see because the tears were blurring my eyes. An hour later I was still crying when I heard a knock on the door.

"Y/n? Can I come in?" Shawn asked as he tried to turn the door handle. "You locked it?" He asked.

"Yes, I did, because I don't want to see you right now." I said.

"Honey I never should have said that. I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was saying, I don't want a divorce. Please let me see you." Shawn pleaded.

"Shawn I can't forgive you that easily. What you said really hurt." I said. Shawn tried to turn the door handle again.

"Baby please open up, I want to see you." Shawn said. I walked over to the door and unlocked it and opened it. Shawn rushed in so he could give me a hug. I let my arms hang down by my sides as he hugged me. I wasn't going to hug back. I was still crying at this point. "Baby don't cry, I hate to see you cry." Shawn said as he pulled away but kept his hands on my waist.

"Well, you're the one that made me cry." I said. Me saying that caused Shawn to burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I don't know why I even said that. I don't want a divorce, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. We can work this out, we can fix this. I promise you that we will never get a divorce. I promise." Shawn said as he cried. I nodded.

"Maybe we should go to marriage counseling." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I'll do whatever it takes to fix this. I'll do it, I promise. I don't want to fight with you anymore." Shawn said.

"I don't want to fight with you either. All of these fights have been because I'm worried about you. Is it so bad to be concerned about my husband?" I asked Shawn. He shook his head no.

"Of course not. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked those fights. I'll cut back on my hours and I'll be home more and I'll take care of myself more. I promise." Shawn said. I nodded and when I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck, Shawn smiled. "I'm so sorry baby. Do you forgive me?" Shawn asked.

"Okay. I forgive you." I said with a smile. Shawn's smile grew when I said this.

"I love you honey." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Baby girl?" Shawn asked.

"Yes baby boy?" I responded.

"Can I kiss you?" Shawn asked me. I nodded while biting my bottom lip.

"Yeah. I would like that." I said. Shawn placed his lips on mine and I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. As Shawn and I kissed, I knew that everything was going to be okay and that we were going to be alright. Shawn and I pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss. Shawn placed three kisses on my forehead before leaning and resting his forehead on mine.

"I'm so lucky to be your husband. I don't know what I would do without you." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I'm the lucky one. I don't know what I would do without you either." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"We should get away. Just the two of us. No one else. No Jake, no Grace, no one. We should get away and fall in love with each other again." Shawn said.

"You really think so?" I asked. Shawn pulled away and nodded.

"Yeah. It could help us. What do you think?" Shawn asked.

"I like it. Where would we go that we wouldn't be recognized?" I asked.

"You've always wanted to go to Israel or Lithuania. Maybe we should go to one of those places or maybe even both. What do you think of that idea my love?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"Maybe we should go to both. Is that okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Of course. Come on, it's late. Let's go to bed now and we'll figure everything out in the morning." Shawn said as he gently grabbed my hand and led me over to the bed. He tucked me in, placed a kiss on my forehead, and then got in on his side of the bed. When he got in on his side of the bed, he pulled me nice and close to him, as in, as close as humanly possible. He had taken his shirt off so he was looking hot, but then again, he always looks hot. I placed a kiss on his chest and he smiled at me.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n. Goodnight." Shawn said.

"Goodnight." I said.