191. You Graduate From College

A/n: Let's pretend that it's May, shall we? Also, I said bachelor's degree in psychology, but it can be whatever you want. Read on to understand why there's a picture of flowers!

Today is the day that I graduate from college with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. I'm really, super excited, but I'm also really, super nervous to cross the stage in front of so many people. I have stage fright, unlike my boyfriend who is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. He's perfect in every way, including the way that he handles the stage. He's also perfect in the sense that he can tell when I'm nervous, like now.

"Babe, you'll be fine." Shawn said, holding my hand as we walked to the area that I would be graduating in. I was wearing a simple pink dress with white flats, and Shawn was wearing a blue button-up shirt and black dress pants. I nodded my head and took a deep breath in, then out.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous." I said. We stopped walking and Shawn held both of my hands with his.

"I know you are my love, but you'll do great. Just a short walk and then you'll be done. Soon they'll send you your diploma, and you'll frame it, and you'll breathe a sigh of relief." Shawn said. I nodded again.

"Yeah. You'll be in the stands, right?" I asked. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't going to be there. Shawn looked at me, smiled, and nodded before kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.

"I'll be right there," Shawn said, pointing at the stands. "And when they call your name, trust me, you'll hear me." He said with a smirk.

"Oh God," I said. "Well, I better go. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. You're going to kill it, don't worry. When you get nervous, remember my face, and to breathe, okay?" Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. I will." I said before pecking Shawn's lips.

"By the way, you look beautiful." Shawn said with a smile. I blushed and, when Shawn noticed this, he laughed. I waved and walked away. Soon, it was time for the graduation ceremony to start, and soon, I was lined up and my name was called.

"Y/n Y/l/n." The announcer called. I took a deep breath and crossed the stage. As I crossed the stage, I heard a distinct yell.

"WOO! GO BABE!" Shawn yelled. I smiled and walked off the stage. The rest of the kids crossed the stage, we tossed our caps in the air, and it was all over. I found Shawn and my family afterwards and gave my mom a hug first.

"I'm so proud of you honey." She said as she hugged me.

"So am I." My dad said as he hugged me.

"Thanks guys." I said, then turned to my loving boyfriend who had flowers in his hands. I gasped as he handed them to me.

"I know that sunflowers and roses are your favorite combination. Congratulations baby girl. I'm so beyond proud of you." Shawn said with tears in his eyes.

"Thank you so much baby, and thank you for being there for me every step of the way. Don't cry, you'll make me cry." I said.

"Sorry, I'm just really proud of you." He said as I wiped a stray tear away.

"It's okay." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. The kiss wasn't too long because we were in front of my family, but it was long enough for him to show me his love. He had already done that with the flowers too.

"My girl is a college graduate!" Shawn said while tilting his head up, practically yelling it. My family and I laughed.

"Alright, now how about some pictures?" My mom asked. We got a lot of pictures of me with my family and then I turned to Shawn.

"How about a picture with my man?" I asked. My family laughed.

"Sure." My brother said since he was taking some of the photos. I walked over to Shawn, who put his arm around my waist, as I put my arm around him and held up the thing that the diploma goes in (A/N: I don't know what it's called) with my other hand. Soon, it was time to go home. Shawn and I share a home, so we drove in together, and left together. I realized something when we got home.

"Wait when did you get the flowers?" I asked Shawn.

"I paid your mom to get them and they were in her car so I grabbed them after you crossed the stage, then ran back." Shawn said.

"Thank you so much for them Shawn, but you didn't have to do that." I said.

"No, but I wanted to." Shawn said with a small chuckle as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his biceps.

"As much as I love this and being in your arms, can we get changed into more comfortable clothes?" I asked. Shawn laughed and nodded as he gently grabbed my hand and led me to our bedroom. We changed into shorts and t-shirts, put the flowers in a vase, then cuddled on the couch.

"Honey?" Shawn asked. I looked up at him.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"I just want to say that I'm so proud of you. You've been working really hard these past four years and it all paid off. I know that there were times when you wanted to give up, but you didn't, and you made it. I'm so proud of you." Shawn said as happy tears made their way to my eyes.

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you." I said. Shawn wiped my tears away and smiled.

"I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too. I'm tired, it's been a long day. Do you mind if we go to bed?" I asked and said. Shawn nodded.

"Of course. I'm tired too, but then again, I didn't graduate from college today, so I don't know why I'm tired." Shawn said with a smirk. I laughed.

"You're tired because of yelling my name when I crossed the stage and from all of those pictures." I said. Shawn nodded.

"That's true. Come on, let me carry you to bed." Shawn said as he scooped me up into his arms. I let out a squeal as Shawn did this and he laughed. We got into bed and cuddled.

"Goodnight baby boy. Thank you for everything." I said.

"Goodnight baby girl. It was all my pleasure." Shawn said. The vase of flowers sat next to our bed. I'm a lucky girl.