109. Haircut

I have long y/h/c hair and my boyfriend of two years, Shawn Mendes, really likes it the way it is. I, however, find it a bit hard to maintain and want it shorter. I wanted to get Shawn's opinion on this and luckily he's on his way over to my house. He soon got there and came downstairs into the basement which is where I was.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said.

"Hi honey. How are you?" I asked before leaning in to give him a kiss. I felt butterflies in my stomach, I felt my heart race, I felt my blood pump faster and I felt sparks throughout my body. His kisses and touch electrified and energized me. We pulled away.

"I'm good baby. How's my girl?" He asked. Him calling me his girl caused me to blush and smile.

"Good. I actually wanted to get your opinion on something." I said.

"And what's that?" He asked.

"Well I'm really considering getting my haircut. What do you think?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous. What if he didn't like the idea of me getting my hair cut?

"I don't know honey, I really like it the way it is." He said, confirming my fears. I played with my fingers, a nervous habit I have.

"I know, but it would be so much easier to maintain if it was shorter." I said, trying to get him on my side.

"I know but I really like it the way that it is." Shawn said. I sighed. "You okay honey? You just sighed and you're playing with your fingers. You only do that when you're nervous." He said.

"Yeah I just, I know that you like it like this, but it would just be so much easier to maintain if it were shorter and I was really hoping that you would think that it was a good idea but you don't think it is." I said rather quickly.

"I'm sorry honey. If you want to cut it then cut it. It's your hair in the end. I'm sure I'll like it." Shawn said.

"It's okay. I just really want you to like it and I really value your opinion." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, of course I value your opinion, you're my boyfriend for Pete's sake." I said with a small laugh. Shawn smiled.

"Well I'm glad that you value my opinion baby girl. Come here, let's cuddle." He said as he opened up his arms. I gladly let myself be wrapped up in his welcoming arms that had become to feel like home to me. I love how strong his arms are, and I love how he holds me tight, but not bone crushing tight. He would never, ever, ever hurt me in any way, shape, or form.

The next day

I pulled up to the hair salon. Shawn had offered to take me but I told him that I wanted it to be a surprise. I walked into the hair salon.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" The lady, her name was Amanda, asked me. I told her what I had in mind and showed her a picture. "I like it! Let's get started!" She said, walking me over to a chair. By the time that she was finished, I had fallen in love with it. I really liked how it made me look older, but not by much. I paid and went home to text Shawn, asking him to come over. He pulled up to my house fifteen minutes later.

"Hi babe. Oh wow! I love it!" Shawn said once he saw my haircut. "Spin." He requested. I did as told and spun around. Shawn nodded and smiled before pulling me into a hug.

"Do you really like it or are you just saying that?" I asked.

"No babe, I really do love it. It looks great. I can still play with it and run my fingers through it." Shawn said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"That feels nice." I said, closing my eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah. Keep doing it but let's sit down so I can put my head in your lap. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Of course baby." He said. And with that, he let me put my head on his lap and ran his fingers through my hair, soothing me. I'll always value Shawn's opinion.