189. Date Night

Tonight is date night for my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, and I. We haven't had date night in a while because Shawn has been on his festival run but he's finally home. He's home until July first, which is only a few days away, so I want to spend as much time with him as possible. Shawn had said that he was going to be taking me out to a nice restaurant, so I should dress up a little. I went out and bought a dress that is all white at the top, but has blue, and purple flowers at the bottom, and an open back. I slipped on the dress and put on white heels and put my hair up. My best friend Grace was over to help me get dressed and put makeup on since I didn't want Shawn to see me until I was fully done. Grace walked down the stairs before I did. I walked down and Shawn's back was to me.

"Shawn." I said. Shawn turned around, and once he saw me, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped just about to the floor.

"WOO!" Shawn yelled as he clapped his hands together and jumped up. "That's my girl! Shit am I lucky or what?" Shawn asked, not taking his eyes off of me. I laughed. Grace laughed and left.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I said as I made my way over to him. He was wearing a white button up shirt and black dress pants. Shawn smiled at me.

"Thank you baby girl. Damn, wear this all of the time." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Really? I look that good?" I asked. I had to admit, this dress made me feel a bit confident.

"Baby, number one: you're always gorgeous, and number two: this dress makes you look... I don't even have words. Just... wow. Wow. I can't stop saying wow." Shawn said. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him as I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck and blushed at his compliment.

"You look so good Shawn." I said, rubbing my hands up and down his chest.

"Personally, I'm stuck on how you look." Shawn said. I smiled at him and blushed.

"Well, don't we have reservations?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yes we do. Come on baby, let's get going." Shawn said as he gently grabbed my hand and guided me out to the car. I felt electricity spark through me as our hands touched. Shawn and I got into the car and as we drove to the restaurant, Shawn kept his hand on my thigh. We soon pulled up to a restaurant with a lake next to it.

"Oh my God Shawn. Is this where we're eating?" I asked.

"Yeah. Do you like it or no?" Shawn asked, suddenly looking nervous.

"Baby, it's beautiful." I said. Shawn smiled at me and his nerves drifted away.

"Come on, we're going to be late if we don't get going." Shawn said as he stepped out of the car. He ran around to my side of the car and opened the door up for me. He stuck out his hand for me to take. I slowly put my foot on the ground because heels are hard to walk in as I took Shawn's hand. Once again, I felt electricity spark through me as our hands touched. Shawn smiled at me and I smiled at him. We walked inside the restaurant while holding hands. We were soon seated by the lake.

"Shawn this is beautiful. Thank you so much for this." I said. Shawn smiled his million dollar smile at me.

"Not as beautiful as you of course." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome baby girl. I know that I've said this before but you look stunning honey." Shawn said, taking my hand from across the table. Sparks flew as we touched.

"Thank you honey. You look so handsome. I love you so much, my love." I said.

"Thank you baby girl. I love you too. So, so, so much." Shawn said. We had a nice dinner and then went home, but not before we had someone take a picture of us together standing by the lake. During the car ride home, Shawn and I talked. "But really, how did I get so lucky? You're amazing Y/n and nothing could change my mind. You could murder me and I would still love you." Shawn said. I burst out laughing.