93. "Don't Leave Me"

I woke up to someone kissing my lips. I opened my eyes to see that it was my handsome husband to be, Shawn Mendes. I closed my eyes again and moved my lips against his. I could immediately feel sparks throughout my body. I felt my blood pumping faster. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach, and I could feel my heart racing. I am so crazily in love with Shawn that it's insane. Once I started to reciprocate the kiss, he smiled into the kiss. I smiled too, and we pulled away.

"Good morning to you too handsome." I said with a smile.

"Good morning gorgeous. I figured I would wake you up in a loving way because, after all, you are my love." Shawn said. I put my lips on his again and we kissed again. "I should wake you up like this every morning." Shawn said. I hummed.

"You really should. What are we doing today my handsome man?" I asked Shawn.

"Well, I thought that we could either stay in and have a cuddle session with a movie marathon, or, we could go out and do something. Maybe we could go to the park and stroll around there?" Shawn asked. Strolling around sounded good.

"If it's nice out then we should go to the park with the big mansion on it." I said. Shawn nodded.

"It's beautiful out, but not as beautiful as you of course." Shawn said with a smile. I blushed. Shawn could be a cheesy romantic but I absolutely loved it.

"Thank you baby. Let me just shower and get ready and then we can go." I said.

"Wait! I made you breakfast." Shawn said, showing me pancakes that were drowning in syrup, just the way that I liked them.

"Oh honey, thank you. Did you really make them from scratch?" I asked.

"I did indeed my love. All for you. I even cut them up for you and spread the syrup around for you." He said.

"Thank you baby. I really appreciate it." I said.

"You're welcome baby girl. I loved making them. I hope you like them." He said as I took a bite. I moaned.

"They're so good Shawn." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes. Come take a bite." I requested. I fed him a bite and he nodded his head.

"I'm surprised with myself. They're pretty good." He said. I nodded and smiled. After breakfast I showered and got ready for the day. I put on jeans and a light blue t-shirt. Shawn put on his black skinny jeans and a white shirt. Shawn saw me in the bathroom mirror while I was fixing my hair and walked over to wrap his arms around my waist from behind. He kissed my shoulder. "You look beautiful." Shawn said.

"Thank you honey. You don't look too bad yourself." I said with a smirk. Shawn smacked my butt lightly as he walked away to get his shoes on.

"That ass is mine." Shawn said. I looked at him.

"All yours." I said.

Shawn and I got to the park forty five minutes later and we strolled around. Some fans recognized him and he took pictures with them. A couple of them even asked for pictures with me, which I said yes to. I knew the park better than Shawn did, so I led the way while having my fingers interlaced with Shawn's as we walked side by side. My engagement ring sparkled against the sun. We finally reached the destination that I had been looking for. There was a big open field with a stone bench near the edge of it. If you sat down on the bench, you could look out at a pond.

"Do you want to go sit on the stone bench?" I asked Shawn.

"Sure baby girl. Whatever you want." Shawn said. I kissed his cheek before walking over to the stone bench. I stopped in front of the bench to look at it before we sat down.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln the stone bench read. It was my uncle's favorite quote. The bench wasn't dedicated to my uncle, but I always took it as a sign that he was with me. I loved the bench. I read the quote to Shawn and he liked it too. Dragonflies flew around us and I smiled before closing my eyes, letting the sun warm my face. Shawn and I sat down on the bench.

"It's so beautiful here." Shawn said.

"It really is." I said before leaning my head against his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you Y/n." Shawn said.

"I love you too Shawn." I said. After staying there for a little bit, we left and returned home. We had lunch and spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching movies. The day seemed to stretch out and I felt tired. "Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn responded.

"I'm tired." I said.

"Well, how about we take a nap? That sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded. Shawn guided me up the stairs to our bedroom and laid down with me. He said he wasn't tired but he wanted to hold me. He loves to hold me, and in return I love to be held by him. I soon fell into a deep slumber.

Something that's important to my life story is that my parents separated when I was sixteen years old. My dad left and it hurt me. Sometimes I get scared that Shawn will leave me, but I've never told him this before. I'm scared it will hurt his feelings, and that's the last thing that I want.

Shawn's perspective

"Shawn no!" Y/n yelled in her sleep. I felt confused. Was she having a nightmare? "Shawn please, no, don't leave me. You can't leave me." She said. I needed to wake her up.

"Baby wake up, wake up baby girl." I said. She sat up quickly, tears streaming down her face. She turned to me and looked almost scared.

"Shawn you're not leaving me are you? You're not leaving me, right?" Y/n asked. I could hear the fear in her voice.

"Baby girl I would never and I could never leave you. Why would I leave you honey?" I asked. She hugged me and cried in response and for a few minutes I just held her while whispering sweet nothings in her ear. She pulled away. "Why would I leave you honey?" I asked, repeating my question.

"Because maybe you would realize that you don't love me anymore." She said. My heart broke. I could never stop loving her. Where was this coming from?

"Where's this coming from baby girl?" I asked.

"Well that's what happened to my parents. My dad realized that he didn't love my mom and then he left. I don't want that to happen to us Shawn, I love you too much for that to happen. You can't leave me Shawn, you just can't." She said. I rubbed her cheek and she closed her eyes, leaning into my touch. She opened her eyes again when I began to speak.

"Honey I could never leave you. Just because it happened to your parents doesn't mean that it's going to happen to us. Everybody is different. That's not going to happen to us honey, I promise." I said.

"But how do you know Shawn?" My fiance asked me.

"Because I love you. I fell in love with you the very second that I saw you and I'm going to love you until I take my very last breath. I fall in love with you again every single time that I look at you. We've been together for five years now and they've been the best years of my life. I can promise you right here, right now, on my life, that I am never going to leave you. Okay?" I asked, hopefully reassuring her. She nodded.

"Okay. I love you Shawn. So much. I don't know what I would do without you. I don't want to live without you." She said.

"I love you too. I don't want to live without you either my love. Are you feeling like you want to get up or do you want to nap for a little bit longer?" I asked.

"I want to nap for a little longer. Will you kiss my forehead and hold me please?" Y/n asked me. I smiled.

"Of course my love." I said. She laid down and I kissed her forehead multiple times. I noticed that she had a small smile on her face. I felt glad that I could make her happy. I held her in my arms tightly and I didn't let her go. I'll never let her go.