182. "I would marry you."

I've been dating the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes for two and a half months now and we're moving kind of fast. Is it normal to already be saying 'I love you' to each other at this stage? Anyways, who cares? We're going at our own pace. I was looking at a photo of Shawn where he had been playing hockey (A/n: picture is above) while sitting on his lap, talking.

"Shawn look at you, you're so precious. Is that - no, nevermind." I said, stopping myself from the question that I was about to ask.

"What? Is that what?" Shawn asked.

"No, it's nothing." I said.

"No baby, what is it? You don't answer me and I'll tickle it out of you." Shawn asked and said.

"No! Fine, fine, I'll tell you. Okay, so, is that what your hair looks like after sex?" I asked while my face turned a bright red. Shawn tilted his head back with laughter.

"You know, I don't know. I don't really stare at myself after sex." Shawn said with his gorgeous smile out on display.

"I would tell you if you looked like that or not, but you know that I'm saving myself for marriage." I said.

"I do know that, and I really admire that about you honey." Shawn said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. Come here, I want a kiss." Shawn said, which I happily gave him. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. The kiss quickly turned heated and I became turned on.

"We have to stop or else I'll want to have sex with you." I said, breathless from the amazing, passionate kiss. Shawn smiled at me.

"And is that a bad thing?" He asked with a smirk.

"No, I just, I dunno, I don't want to really get myself going, you know?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Someday." Shawn said, gazing into my eyes lovingly. I felt confused.

"Someday what?" I asked Shawn.

"I think that someday we'll have sex, well, make love." Shawn said. Oh my God.

"But Shawn, I'm waiting for marriage." I said.

"I know," Shawn said. "I would marry you."

"But Shawn we're only nineteen." I said, feeling shocked.

"I know, and that's why I said someday." Shawn said.

"You would marry me?" I asked.

"Let me rephrase that: I will marry you." He said. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"You want to marry me someday?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Oh honey, don't cry. Am I scaring you?" Shawn asked, panicking. I shook my head no.

"No, it's just, I feel the same way. I'm so in love with you that it's insane." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Do you feel the same way?" I asked, suddenly becoming nervous.

"Babe, if I want to marry you, of course I'm insanely in love with you. I'm so glad that you want to marry me someday too." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"Maybe in a few years. Like, four or five years. After we've been together for a long time." I said.

"Okay." Shawn said. I suddenly felt bad and looked down. "Honey, what's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"I'm making you wait for sex." I said, starting to cry because I felt so bad.

"Baby girl, look at me." He said. I shook my head no. "Honey look at me, please." He pleaded. I finally looked at him and he started to wipe my tears away. "I would wait a lifetime for you. When we're married, we'll do it. Baby I'm so in love with you. You're the one for me." Shawn said. I smiled at him for the millionth time that day/night. Shawn pulled me farther into his chest and I rested my forehead against his forehead.

"You're the one for me too." I said. Shawn picked his head up and kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. "Can you believe that this really important and serious conversation started because I asked about what your hair would look like after sex?" I asked with a laugh. Shawn tilted his head back with laughter again.

"I know, that is pretty funny." Shawn said. I kissed his lips again and got the same oh so familiar feelings. The sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing. All of it.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said.