110. Migraine

Shawn has been promoting his two new singles, In My Blood and Lost In Japan, a lot recently, and that has caused him to be away from home, with me. I miss him a lot and as proud of him as I am, I can't wait for him to come home to me. Tonight, he's finally coming home, and I couldn't be more excited. But there's a problem: I have a bad headache. I've gotten migraines in the past and although this isn't a full blown migraine, it's pretty close to it. On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst pain I've ever had, this is a seven or eight.

I decided to lay down because it was so bad and medicine wasn't even touching the pain. I knew that if I laid down and fell asleep, Shawn may come home while I was asleep, and I felt bad about that, but I needed this really bad headache to go away if I was going to spend any time with him. I laid down and slipped into a slumber.

Shawn's perspective

I walked into the house that I share with my beautiful girlfriend Y/n. She hasn't messaged me in a few hours so I'm a bit concerned, but she might be busy, so I didn't really think anything of it.

"Y/n. I'm home baby." I called out with a smile on my face. No response. I called out for her again "Y/n baby? Where are you?" I called out. I saw her car in the garage so I know that she's home. I walked up the stairs to our bedroom to put my stuff down so I could look for her, and found her to be asleep in bed. Why would she go to bed knowing full well that I was coming home? I couldn't believe it. I thought that she missed me. I went downstairs and sat on the couch to watch the television to see if I could get my mind off of the fact that she didn't wait for me, but my mind kept wandering to that. Finally, a couple of hours later, she wandered down the stairs.

"Shawn! You're home!" She said with a smile. I weakly smiled at her.

"Yup." I said. She sat next to me on the couch and paused the television so we could talk.

"Are you okay honey?" She asked.

"Yup." I said, unpausing the television. She paused it again.

"No, you're not. What's wrong?" She asked, rubbing my face. I brushed her off. She looked hurt and for a second I felt bad, but then I remembered that I felt hurt too.

"You should know. You're the one that didn't wait for me and fell asleep before I came home." I said while looking away from her and instead looking at the paused television.

"Babe, I can explain." Y/n said.

"Really? Then explain it to me because I don't understand it at all." I said, feeling hurt and frustrated.

"Shawn could you calm down for a second? I had a bad headache that was on the verge of turning into a full blown migraine so I wanted to sleep it off. I was hoping that I would wake up before you got home but I obviously didn't and I feel really bad about that. I'm sorry Shawn." She said. I felt so bad. My baby had been in pain and not only was I not here for her, but I also got mad at her about it.

"Baby I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you." I said.

"It's okay honey. You were on your way home and you're here now so that's all that matters." She said, wrapping her petite hands around my arm and putting her legs on my lap.

"Are you at least feeling better now?" I asked.

"Yes. The headache is gone now." She said. That made me feel better.

"That's good baby girl. Now come here, I haven't gotten to kiss my girl in too long." I said. She scooted over so she was sitting on my lap and put her lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. I felt my blood pump faster. I felt my heart race, and I felt sparks shoot out throughout my body. Y/n made my knees weak and she drives me crazy. She's so divine and I'm so in love with her. I'm going to marry her someday, I just know it. And she knows how I feel about her. We pulled away from each other all too soon.

"I missed your kisses Shawny." She said as she leaned her head on my shoulder and adjusted herself so she was sitting with her butt on my lap and her legs splayed out in front of her.

"I missed your kisses too, and I missed doing this." I said before kissing her forehead a few times. She smiled and hummed in response.

"I missed everything about you Shawn. I missed you." She said.

"I missed you and everything about you too baby. You're my girl and no amount of distance can change that." I said.

"Nope. Never. We've always made the distance work and I'm proud of us for that. I love you." She said.

"I love you too. I'm proud of us too." I said before kissing her forehead again. It became nighttime but Y/n wasn't tired since she had recently napped, so we stayed up and watched the television. A couple of hours later and she finally spoke up.

"Baby?" She asked.

"Yes baby girl?" I asked.

"I'm tired." Y/n said, her eyes becoming droopy.

"Come on, let me carry you to bed." I said as I picked her up and carried her up the stairs and into our bedroom. I laid her down on the bed and covered her up with the blankets.

"Goodnight Shawn. It's good to have you home again." She said.

"Goodnight baby girl. It's good to be home. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said as she pressed a small kiss to my jaw. I smiled as I held her in my arms. Gosh it's good to be home.