166. Shawn Gets Clingy

My boyfriend is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and we've been dating for three years. We have a house together and we're very in love, and very affectionate with each other. Today, though, Shawn was a bit more affectionate than usual, and he was being a little clingy. I loved it though.

Shawn was following me around the house like a lost puppy and as cute as it was, I was starting to get worried about him. Why was he acting like this? Suddenly, Shawn gently grabbed my wrist and turned me around so I was facing him.

"Could you please stop cleaning the house and come cuddle with me?" Shawn asked, his large brown eyes staring into my own eyes. I ran my fingers through his hair and he closed his eyes and sighed in contentment.

"Baby I have to clean the house. We have guests coming over tomorrow." I said.

"I know but that's not until later in the day, we can clean tomorrow before they come over. Just come cuddle with me. Please." He pleaded. I held his face in my hands as he still held onto my wrist.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why?" Shawn asked me.

"Well I'm getting worried because you've been following me around and you're a little clingy today." I said. Shawn dropped my wrist and backed away a little bit so I couldn't hold his face anymore.

"You don't like it, do you? You don't want me to be like this, I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry, I'll go upstairs and let you clean." Shawn said as he started to walk away. Oh no. I grabbed his big hand as he tried to walk away.

"Baby please don't walk away, let me just talk to you." I pleaded.

"No because you don't like me like this." Shawn said, ripping his hand from mine so hard that it caused me to fall. I let out a little yelp as my butt hit the hardwood flooring. "BABY!" Shawn yelled. I stood up.

"I'm fine." I said, although my butt was hurting. "I just wanted to talk to you." I said. Shawn started to cry.

"I'm so sorry." Shawn said.

"It's okay." I said.

"No, it's not. I made you fall and I've been bothering you all day. I'm so sorry." Shawn said. I grabbed his face with my hands gently and wiped his tears away. He wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"Shawn, let me just talk to you for a second, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head.

"Okay." He said.

"I love you, and I love that you're being clingy. It doesn't bother me at all. I just want to know if something is wrong." I said. Shawn rested his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He started to cry again. "What's wrong baby boy?" I asked. Shawn picked his head up and put his lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync as I felt sparks shootout throughout my body, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. Shawn and I pulled away from the kiss, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"It's just that, I'm going away soon and I wish I didn't have to leave you. I'm just making up for the times that I'll be missing." Shawn said.

"I know you don't want to leave me baby, and I don't want you to leave either, but it's part of your job." I said.

"I wish it wasn't. I wish I could take you with me." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I know, but I have to work. As much as I would love to quit my job and travel the world with you, I can't. I need to make money somehow." I said with a smile. Shawn pecked my lips before speaking.

"But baby, I can provide for us both." Shawn said. I shook my head no.

"I could never do that to you Shawn. Plus, I love my job and I love my students. I could never leave them." I said. Shawn looked sad but nodded.

"Sorry that I just asked you to quit your job for me." Shawn said.

"You didn't, but even if you did, that's okay. I know what you mean. Okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I love you so much baby girl." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you too. So much, my love." I said. A huge smile grew on Shawn's face.

"Did you know that you're the love of my life?" Shawn asked. I shook my head no. "Well, you are. I'm going to marry you someday." Shawn said. Tears formed in my eyes from happiness.

"You're the love of my life too. I can't wait to marry you someday, but maybe in a year or so, okay? We're still a little young." I asked and said. Shawn nodded as he rubbed my back with the hand that was still wrapped around me. I ran my fingers through the back of his hair.

"Okay, yeah I agree. Come on, let's go sit on the couch, yeah?" Shawn asked.

"But I have to clean." I argued.

"Baby, we can clean before people get here tomorrow. Everything will be okay. Let's go cuddle and spend time together." Shawn said, pulling me into the other room before I could argue some more.

"Okay." I said. We sat down on the couch and looked at each other. After about thirty seconds of that, we burst into laughter.

"Come here." Shawn said with a smile and opened his arms up for me to come into them. I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. He kissed the top of my head and then rested his head against mine.

"I love you Shawn, especially when you're clingy." I said with a smile. Shawn chuckled.

"I love you too, and I love it when you're clingy too." Shawn said. I laughed.

"Hey Shawn?" I asked, picking my head up so I could look up at him.

"Yes baby girl?" Shawn asked, looking at me with nothing but love and adoration.

"Can we make out?" I asked. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Of course we can. I love making out with you." Shawn said.

"Good because I love making out with you too." I said.

"Now get those lips over here." Shawn said. I put my lips on his and felt the same feelings that I felt before. The sparks, the butterflies, the heartracing, everything. Shawn makes my knees weak. I love Shawn and all of the feelings that he gives me. I love him, clingy, or not.