157. Someone Breaks In

A/N: This one gets a bit graphic, not sexually, but physically.

My boyfriend Shawn Mendes wasn't home. He was at an interview but the interview was close by. I was laying in bed when I heard someone come in. Assuming that Shawn was home early, I didn't do anything. I knew he would know that I was probably upstairs and would come up here. But then I heard crashing and glass breaking and knew that it wasn't Shawn. I dialed Shawn's number and hid in the bathroom. Shawn didn't answer, probably because he was doing the interview. I called Manny, Shawn's dad.

"Hey Y/n, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Manny asked.

"Someone's in the house and it's not Shawn." I whispered.

"Okay, call 911. I'll be there soon. Stay hidden somewhere." He said.

"Okay." I said and hung up. I called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" A female asked me.

"Someone's in my house." I said.

"Okay, what's your address so we can send someone?" She asked me. I told her. "Okay, someone's on their way. Where are you in the house and where are they?" She asked.

"I'm hidden in the bathroom. I don't know where they are. Oh my God I think they're coming upstairs." I said, suddenly on the verge of a full blown panic attack.

"Okay stay where you are. Try to stay hidden." She said. I hid in the bathtub and shut the shower curtain.

"Okay." I whispered. Suddenly the door opened and the shower curtain opened. I screamed. It was a male that I had never seen before. He had a bat with him and the next thing I know he hit me over the head with it and everything went black.

Shawn's point of view

"Yeah my girlfriend's great. She's so supportive and I love her so much." I said to the interviewer. Suddenly, Jake, my bodyguard, burst into the room.

"Sorry Shawn but you have to come with me. There's an emergency." Jake said. I ran out of the room with Jake. Andrew was there with Geoff and Josiah and they all looked panicked.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly panicking too. Something was definitely wrong.

"Someone broke into your house," Andrew said. "And hit Y/n with a bat. She's at the hospital. Manny tried to get there in time but by the time he got there the cops and an ambulance were there. The guy is in custody -" I cut Andrew off.

"Okay, okay, take me to the hospital." I said. They immediately drove me to the hospital where my precious girlfriend was. It felt like the car was going so slow but I knew the driver was going as fast as he could without breaking the speed limit. We finally got to the hospital after what seemed like forever. I asked where my girlfriend was and when they pointed me down the hall, I ran to her. I walked into the room and my heart broke. My girlfriend's head was wrapped in gauze but you could still see some blood. She was asleep and I could see some bruises. Her parents were sitting with her and my dad was sitting outside.

"Hi son." My dad said.

"Hi. What happened when you got there?" I asked.

"They had the guy in custody. He's going to jail now. When I got there, an ambulance and cop cars were already there. She had called me panicking when she heard someone so I told her to call 911. I think you can go in and see her." My dad said. I nodded.

"Hi Shawn." Y/n's parents said.

"Hi. How's she doing?" I asked while trying to hold it together.

"She has a concussion and a broken arm because the guy hit her arm with a bat and her ribs too so she has a broken rib. The doctors say she's going to be okay." Her mom said.