Part Three: Chapter 10: Binding

Jack's mind is cut off from anything that even remotely resembled an actual thought. It's all just blank and silenced. The only thing he can process in this moment is the movement of his lips with hers. He's aware of their tounges dancing together to a beautiful symphony that only the two of them can hear. He has never felt so much from a kiss. He's never felt tingles and goosebumps before. And oh how it confounded him. He doesn't understand where his mind has gone. He doesn't understand why Jeannie was different from any other girl he's kissed before. The only thing he truly knows is that his lips have lingered there with Jeannie's for far too long.

He pulls out of the kiss reluctantly.

He'd be happy to stay in that blank silent moment for the rest of eternity

He'd be happy to stay in that blank silent moment for the rest of eternity. But Jack has the practicality of a realist. He knows it must end and he quickly lowers his hands from her face. They tremble at his sides and he really only wants to put them back. He just wants to feel her soft warm skin on his fingertips. He still wants to even when he knows he shouldn't.

"What's wrong Jack?" She asks not removing her hands from around his neck. She doesn't wish for the moment to end either.

"We can't do this," he utters and looks into her beautiful blue eyes. "You're uncle would kill me if I touched you." Jack curses himself for allowing his eyes to scan her perfect curves again.

"Why does he have to know?" She asks him and bites her bottom lip. She just wants him to say yes. She doesn't know why. She just knows he seems to matter more than the stupid boys she's dated in the past. She could tell Jack was different.

"He'd find out eventually," Jack looks away. He doesn't want Jeannie to read the emotions playing across his facial features. Normally he can stop them before they show. But for some reason he can't seem to put a finger on the reason why they wouldn't go away.

"I'm eighteen Jack. He can't tell me what to do. He doesn't own me," she tries turning his handsome face back to her.

Jack grabs her wrists, "He owns me,"

Jack says getting lost in her eyes again

Jack says getting lost in her eyes again. He wished she could understand. He was a valued member of the bosses organization. The boss put his trust in Jack. A lot could be said about that. Trust isn't easily won. But Jack has Falcone's trust. He trusted his life with Jack every day. He has trusted his nieces life to him. Jack couldn't betray that. Jack's always been loyal to the boss. He barely remembered his life before Falcone. Jack releases Jeannie's wrists and runs his hands through his dark hair.