Part Eight: Chapter 44: Plotting

Over the next few weeks the Joker was a model patient. He answered his doctors questions, not always honestly, but he gave an answer. He took three different pills four times a day. He did whatever was called for to be able to be given liberties to the general population. You wouldn't believe how slowly time moves when youre stuck in an eight by ten foot cell. He couldn't do anything stuck in a cell twenty three hours a day. He had to find a way out of this place.

 This place was driving him truly crazy

This place was driving him truly crazy. Ironic isn't it that a place committed to eleviating insanity in turn creates it. He doesn't sleep at night, no matter how many sleeping pills they force him to take. He's too concerned that the night guards will want seconds with him in the ECT room. He couldn't allow that to ever happen again. And those night guards would pay for what they had done to him.

The Joker didn't know how much longer he could stomach this awful place. It was changing him somehow. He can't help but wonder if perhaps prison might actually be better for him. Maybe the guards there had better things to do than torment and torture him. In a prison the inmates outnumbered the guards. That wasn't the case in Arkham Asylum. In Arkham you had two guards to every patient. Creating a riot situation here would be nearly impossible, and rather pointless. He would have to come up with a much more detailed plan.

The Joker didn't know how he was going to manage breaking out of this place, but he aimed on giving it his all. He  had a life outside these walls. He has a business to run. Frost was in charge of things but all he could really do was keep the men in line. He was basically babysitting the Joker's organization. The Joker knows that every day he's off his throne that criminals of Gotham contemplate rising against him.

The first day the Joker was allowed into the cafeteria for breakfast he was quite surprised when he saw a familiar red head with lovely green skin sitting across the cafeteria, staring out the window. It was as if everyone else in the room just disappeared.

When she turns and sees him a smile spreads across her face

When she turns and sees him a smile spreads across her face. The Joker can tell she's happy to see him. Truth be told, he was glad to see her too. The Joker gets his tray and makes his way over to sit with her.

"Hello my dear. Did you get caught trying to blow up a factory or something?" The Joker sighs and stared blankly at the mystery on the tray that was his breakfast. At least nobody spit in it this time.