Part Twenty-One: Chapter 149: Fighting The Ugre To Surrender

Joker's POV

I had been gone from Gotham for far too long. The gangs were starting to abuse their privileges by not paying the tributes to their ill-gotten gains. Even the criminals who worked alone were also complaining about paying the toll to do business in my city. I'd been away so long that they were starting to think I was dead. They were suspicious that the monthly Skype meetings had all been staged by an imposter. You see, with me out of they way there was a lot of power and real estate just up for grabs. I couldn't properly maintain control of my empire from Philadelphia. They crooks needed to see me with their own eyes. They needed me to put the fear of death at the forefront of their minds. After all, I did reign this city by fear. Without the fearful reminders I was becoming a myth. So it was time to once again reinforce my fear driven power.

But there were a few fellow crooks that knew what was really going on, but thankfully, they were keeping my secret. That's because District Attorney Alday had airtight cases against them. However, Alday wasn't the only one who had the dirt on them. I too had very precious blackmail on each of them. I always search out the wrong doings of anyone I partner up with. One must be prepared for traitorous turncoats. So suffice for me say, nobody ever fucks with the Joker and simply gets away with it. Sometimes the blackmail isn't even for if they screw up, sometimes the blackmail is the reason to make them partner with me. So naturally some of the top criminals of Gotham are at attention and waiting for me to call them into action. They had all graciously joined forces with me to assassinate D.A. Alday.

But killing Alday was a task that was presenting itself to be exceedingly difficult. The man had almost as much security as I did. He wore a Kevlar vest that covered his entire torso. So a torso shot would take a very high caliper bullet to pierce the Kevlar. One could shoot him in the leg, but it would have to sever his femoral artery to kill him. No one could even get a clear headshot, due to his presidential style security. Even getting to his wife and kids was near impossible. But I think I've found a weak point in his security detail. In public, when Alday wasn't speaking, he used a look-alike. The look-alike even had the over the top security detail. Which means that Alday would use an alternate and private route, probably underground. And best of all, his security would be nothing but a skeleton crew.

But how does one infiltrate that skeletal security to even get to him? With fear, power, and money, that's how. I knew ex-military guys who would volunteer for any kamikaze mission that came their way. I knew I probably needed at least six guys. But before I could get to that, I had to find six kamikaze bound guys who resembled the D.A.'s security guys. I knew a guy like Alday probably doesn't even know the first names of the men responsible for his life, let alone what they look like. So he probably wouldn't even notice the switch in muscle. It took me a while, but I got the crew I needed. Now all I had to do was find that perfect moment in which I could enact my plan. So when all is said and done, meaning Alday dies, I would sit proudly on my throne again. In Gotham. My city. My home.

That it of course assuming this fucking tumor in my brain allows me the time to take my city back. The growing of the tumor was starting to interfere with my daily life. It mostly feels like the an intensive migraine headache, but limited to only my frontal lobe. I'm finding that it's becoming harder and harder to concentrate.