Part Four: Chapter 16: Flawless

Jack finally assembled the men he needed and he had himself a crew. His  First recruit called himself Ace.

He was charged with murder, organized crime, and dealing drugs

He was charged with murder, organized crime, and dealing drugs. Jack bailed him out on felony charges for robbery, man slaughter, and evading and assault of peace officers. He was looking at a stretch in Black Gate because he wouldn't rat out his boss. That showed Jack that Ace's loyalty would be easily bought. All he had to do was offer him more money than he was already making.

Then there was Bob. He was just a petty thief. He did things like rob newspaper stands on the streets, steal old ladies purses, and break open parking meters. He had a drinking problem and had to do jobs daily just to supply his addiction. Jack chose him because he had lived in Metropolis his entire life and knew the city very well.

Another of his henchman was a man named Johnny Frost.

He didn't have an extensive record. Most of his charges were for illegal gambling and failure to appear on a weapons charge. However, he had dealings with the mob in Metropolis. He was very low on the totem pole but Jack knew he had information he needed. Jack also liked the fact that the guy didn't ask a lot of questions. Jack hated being questioned.

One guy, a man named Simon, was a former bank president. He was probably Jack's greatest asset right now See, Simon told Jack about a bank that washed all the money for the mob. He had very specific details on the entire operation, when the money came, where it was placed, when it left the bank. The guy knew everything.

There were others in Jack's outfit as well, but Jack didn't put much value on their heads. They were in fact, the expendable ones. They were comprised of thieves, murderers, arsonists, computer hackers, rackateers and a few mentally impaired ones, or criminally insane if you prefer. They were the ones who would be placed at the front lines. They were the ones he didn't have to buy with too steep of a price tag.

Jack found an old warehouse down by the harbor and bought it under some other alias he made up. On the other side of the harbor was Gotham. It may have been nothing but a sewer, but it was home to Jack. But for now, Metropolis was going to have to be his base of operations. Some of his men that didn't have places to stay lived there at the warehouse. Jack had a vault installed in the floor to contain things he wished to be kept hidden.