Part Fourteen: Chapter 97: The Arkham Way

The Joker awoke to the feeling of the hair on the back of his neck standing on end. It was a sense of being closely watched. He looked over his shoulder and could see two guards standing at the glass. They just stared until the Joker sat up. Then a smirk spread across each of their faces. The Joker runs a hand across his face and yawns.

"He don't look so tough in person," one says to the other.

"I figured he would be a lot bigger," the other nods.

"Sorry to disappoint fellas," the Joker rolls his eyes.

"He just looks like a bleached out freak," says the heaftier of the two.

"He's not even scary," points out the tallest.

The Joker glares at them with narrowed eyes. "The exhibit is closed until dawn gentlemen.. So fuck off."

"You think he's white all over?" Asks the one with the darkest hair

The Joker suddenly felt a very uncomfortable deja vu feeling. He's heard these things before. He hasn't forgotten the guards who raped him. That was one memory he would actually love to lose. It was the most humiliated he's ever felt, before or since. He didn't at all like being humiliated. His eyes stare down at his feet as he listens to them carry on.

"Hard to believe that the whole city is scared of the infamous Clown Prince of Crime, ain't it?"

The Joker had never cared much for the press's nickname. It was meant to be an insult. The media was laughing at him, and not in a way that he liked. He was the one who was supposed to make the jokes.

"Yeah, I hired a clown for my kids birthday that looked creepier than this guy," the one with the deeper voice said.

"I bet they make up half the stuff they say about him anyway," the one with dark eyes mentioned.

"Yeah, he probably never gets his hands dirty. He just gets somebody else to do the dirty work and takes all the credit. Mob bosses don't have to do anything but give out orders."

"He don't look as smart as they claim he is either," one narrows his eyes at the Joker.

"You know, I heard he owned a gay bar and goes there every night," smirks the guard on the right.

"He does like to wear a lot of purple," his co-worker chuckled.

The Joker's breathing grew heavier with every condescending word they uttered. He could feel tge anger percolating deep within him. His eyes look up at them. "Are you just going to sit there and take it like a little bitch?" The Joker rises. He takes slow steps over to the glass. He looks them up and down with a blank stare. Looking hard for anything to taunt them. His eyes take in the names on their uniforms.

"Tell me," the Joker slightly cocks his head, "did you come to bring me some of that male attention you seem to think I favor?" A smile comes to his face. "So who's first?" He licks his lips.