Part Six: Chapter 30: Two

Two

Jack walks into the mansion. He steps over bodies here and there, blood puddles, and other bloody pieces of mystery meat. His guys are blood soaked and dragging around dead guys, trying to somehow turn the site of a massacre back into a home. Jack thinks it will clean up just fine. He didn't see much purpose in not living in such an expensive estate. It beat going out and buying one. Jack appreciates the value of free. Little bit of spackle and paint, some bleach maybe, and she'll be as good as new again.

Jack makes his way through the mansion to the door to the basement stairs. He unlocks it and turns the knob. He pulls his gun from its holster and allows it to dangle in his hand at his side. He begins a slow descent down the stairs. Eventually he is face to face with Falcone. Falcone's eyes fall on the gun briefly then bravely go back to Jack's eyes. His utter contempt for Jack was evident.

"So I guess you're here to finish me off, huh?" Falcone bitterly asks.

Jack glances down to the gun in his hand. He puts it back in the holster. He casually sits on the steps and just stares at Falcone. As usual, Jack's emotions don't play across his face. His eyes fall down on his shoes.

"You's just gonna kill me and take it all?" Falcone asks.

Jack nods and his eyes meet with Falcone's again. "Yes," he simply answers.

"How can you do this to me? I took you's in when you was just a kid pickin' pockets. I took you into my house. I took you in to my organization. You were one of my top guys, most loyal guys, and you's threw it all away over some split tail? How could you do this to me?" Falcone emphatically questions Jack.

Jack faintly smiles and rests his elbows on his knees.

"You know

"You know...sometimes I looked at you as a God. You had the respect of everyone you came in contact with. No one dared to cross you. There was no limits to your reach. There wasn't anything that you couldn't do. Nothing you couldn't buy or steal. I put my life on the line for you every day. I obeyed your every order. I killed everyone you told me to. I thought it was the only way to thank you for what you did for me. We're even as far as that's concerned."

"Even? You fucked my niece! You ran off with her for a year! You turned her against me! You knocked her up!" Falcone shouts and counts out each offense on his fingers. "And now you're gonna kill me and take over?"

"I married Jeannie. Our baby is not gonna be a bastard. I'll love it and raise it to be strong. One day everything I have will be in its hands, including my power, and you have no idea how powerful I plan to be." Jack states in a monotone.

"Power? Is that what motivates you Jack? You know what they say, with great power comes great responsibility. You's think runnin' a crime family is some walk in the park?" Falcone huffs.

"It will be a walk in the park once I take over Gotham. And you seem to forget that I've already killed Maroni and taken his men. Now I have your territory too. Fourty percent of Gotham is already mine. And soon, it will be all mine." Jack's unwavering voice made it seem so simple.