Part Seven: Chapter 37: Takeover

After playtime the Joker wanted to know more about this power Ivy hinted at. He wanted to know what exactly it was that she claimed he was immune to. So the Joker asked Frost to join he and Ivy in the lab. He didn't tell him why however, so when Frost came in he didn't know that he would be met by the beautiful red head that the boss had had up in his room all day. She casually strolled up to him and blew a kiss in his face. The gas emitted from her palm and the Joker watched in interest as Frost suddenly seemed to be under a spell of some sort.

"What's your name handsome?" She asks Frost with a smile.

"Johnny," he says and can't take his eyes off of Ivy.

"I want you to do something for me Johnny," Ivy says in a sultry voice.

"Anything," Johnny nods eagerly.

"I want you to pull your gun on the Joker," she instructs.

Without a second thought Johnny quickly pulls his gun and aims it at the Joker.

Joker stands there, reclined back on the counter with his arms folded

Joker stands there, reclined back on the counter with his arms folded. He watches with a smirk as Frost does exactly what Ivy tells him to. He is rather impressed.

"How long does it last?" He asks Ivy in amusement.

"As long as they're in my presence," she smirks.

"And if you kiss them they die?" Joker asks her.

"Within seconds," she nods.

"Intriguing," he says and his brain starts to fire in overtime. Ivy could be of great use to him. "Tell me, how would you like a new penthouse apartment and have an entire rooftop for a garden and greenhouse?"

"I already have that," she rolls her eyes.

"No no. Bigger. Nicer. State of the art. Any plants you want, no matter how exotic," he smiles at her. "All the funds you could ever need for whatever research tickles your fancy?"

Ivy folds her arms, "Why do I get the feeling you're about to ask me to do something for you?"

"Because you're not only beautiful, but smart. Oh, and would you mind making my favorite henchman get his gun out of my face?" He smiles at Frost.

She smiles, "You may put your gun away Johnny." And Frost does just that. "So what do you want?" Ivy asks and the Joker knows that his offer must intrigue her.

"Help me take over the three remaining crime families," he says looking her right in the eye. He didn't think he was really asking for too much.

"So help you take over Gotham?" She asks. "And if I do this how do I know you will keep your end of the bargain?"

He shrugs with a coy grin, "You'll just have to trust me, won't you? I am a man of my word, if it makes you feel any better."

************
It was raining on the day in which Ivy led the way. The Joker's men were wearing masks to keep from falling under Ivy's spell. Ivy marches up to an iron gate. The Joker and his men wait in hiding until Ivy has the gaurds at the gate complicit with her orders. The gate starts to open and the Joker and his men catch up to Ivy. A man with a machine gun leaps out into the driveway. Ivy grabs his face and kisses him. When she lets go he falls to the ground dead. The Joker smiles. He is very intrigued with her powers.