Part Eighteen: Chapter 131: Breaking The News

Commissioner Gordon stormed down the hall of the hospital and into the Joker's hospital room. The Joker lay motionless in the bed and stared aimlessly at television. His lifeless eyes float over to Gordon.

"Your insane girlfriend kidnapped my daughter! She says if I deliver you that she'll let my daughter go," Gordon says in a hurry as her rushed to the Joker's bedside and started to unfasten his restraints.

The Joker's expression doesn't change, "Did she? Good to know she's good for something," he says as he watched Gordon free him.

"You try anything funny and I won't hesitate to use a tazer on you. Got it?" Gordon quickly moves away and let's the Joker finish unwrapping his own damn restraints. The commissioner throws a pair of doctors scrubs at him, "Get dressed," Gordon growls.

The Joker jerks out his IV and quickly slips into the pants. He gets out of the bed and throws on the shirt. Gordon runs his hand over his head. Why couldn't it be nightfall? He had no way to contact Batman other than the bat signal. How could it shine during the day?

The Joker looks at Gordon with a smile, "If you don't mind commissioner, I'd like to get out of here."

Gordon pulls out a pair of cuffs and extends them out to the Joker. The Joker just stares at them in the commissioner's hand. "I can't get you past my men any other way. If I told them about my daughter, it would just make them antsy. They might accidentally fire on you."

"Fine," the Joker says and quickly slaps them around his wrists

The commissioner takes the Joker's arm and walks out into the hall with him. Two cops immediately stand with their hands reaching for their sidearms. Gordon holds up his hand, "Its fine, stand down. They just need him downstairs for tests."

"You want us to come with you?" One of them asks.

"I can handle this clown," Gordon says as he pressed the button for the elevator. When the door opened he shoved the Joker inside. He waited for the elevator door to close then pulled out the handcuff key. "Your people said they'd let my little girl out of the car as soon as they see you coming out the front door," he tells the Joker.

"How nice," the Joker says as he rubs his wrists and jerks the hospital bracelet off. He looks up at the floor number above the door and patiently whistles Pop Goes The Weasel as he waits for them to reach the bottom. The Joker rocks back and forth on his bare toes. He glances at the commissioner and smiles.

 He glances at the commissioner and smiles