Part Twenty-Six: Chapter 190: Down To Business

Jason left the penthouse with Ace around 8:00 am. He was meeting the Pengin at one of the Joker's warehouses to sell him the shipment of guns he stole from the Irish. He would cut Cobblepot a good deal since Penguin and J had been allies on occasion, and because they shared a love for Scotch and cocaine. Jason needed to get those guns out of his possession. That way if the Irish came snooping around to steal their guns back, they'd be long gone.

Jason stands in the warehouse looking at the crates. He may as well check out the merchandise whole he's waiting. Chances are that he might want to keep some of the guns for himself. He picks up a crowbar and starts backing out the nails holding the lid on. It flops to the ground and he drops the crowbar to the ground. He reaches into the crate and picks up one of the AK-47's and looks it over. He gets a feel for it in his hands.

Bruce may not have used guns, but he had taught Jason quite a lot about them. That's because he knew that the criminals they fought would use them against him. Jason has never fired an AK-47 before, but he knows it was first built by the Russians in 1947. He knows it weighs a mere eight pounds, and that it was both automatic and semi-automatic. He knows the gun can get wet, thrown in mud, freeze over, and still fire flawlessly. It may have been an antique design, but it had managed to stand the test of time.

Just then the clowns start to raise a bay door and Jason turns to look. A black car slowly pulls through it and into the warehouse. The clowns quickly re-lower the bay door. Jason lays the gun back in the opened crate and reaches for J's cane. He places it out in front of him and folds his hands together on top of it. He brings a smile to his face and watches as the driver gets out and opens the back door. The Penguin's umbrella touches the concrete floor followed by his feet. He gets out of the car and limps forward to Jason.

Every since Penguin found out about Jason, he couldn't help but wonder why J would go to such great lengths to have Jason stand in his place? He understood Jason was his half brother, and he knew Jason had formerly donned the Robin suit. But why would J invest so much time and effort to turning him into a criminal? It seemed as if J could have just as easily started with someone who was already a criminal. It's not like J had any strong family values. Maybe the thing in the Joker's head was to blame for him choosing the wrong person. Did he somehow see Jason as deserving? Did he honestly think Jason was capable of taking his place?

Penguin smiles with a nod, "J."

"Goodmorning Oswald," Jason bows at him.

The Penguin's eyes fall onto the the stacked wooden boxes in the middle of the warehouse. He could see the barrel of a gun sticking out of a crate that was labeled as AK-47. "Is that your reasoning for asking me here this morning?" He motions to the crates with his head.

"Indeed it is," Jason nods.

Penguin hands his umbrella off to one of his men and limps over to the crate. He turns his head and reads the label on one end of the box. It read: Shamrock Arms trade. Dublin, Ireland. Oswald had already gotten word about Jason stealing the shipment from the Irish. He had a feeling Jason was going to call him and try to sell him the stolen merchandise.

Oswald wanted no part of the deal. He didn't need the Irish to come after him. Yet, at the same time, he couldn't exactly tell him no straight out. He didn't wish to create any suspiscion. Jason is afterall, a stranger to him, and not the Joker as he claims. Penguin knew where J really was, and he had promised Harley that he would help keep the secret from his brother Jason. His mind goes into overdrive as he thinks up a plan.

"You know J, word's out about you stealing these guns from the Irish. Whatever would possess you to do that? Is the tumor the cause of your foolish actions?" Penguin turns and faces him, "You know they will come after you, right?"