Part Twelve: Chapter 71: The Fine Art Of Manipulation

Ivy walked out of the bathroom after putting a flawless finish to her makeup, dressed in a sexy little strapless green number with heels. She jumps, startled by the Joker sitting there in a chair near the window, dressed like a million bucks, not one hair out of place, swirling ice cubes in his drink. He looks up at Ivy and a smile of approval spreads across his face. He couldn't wait to shoot every head she was sure to turn.

 He couldn't wait to shoot every head she was sure to turn

"You look like a beautiful exotic flower my dear." He stands up and picks up a small box from the table in front of him. He approaches Ivy and holds it out to her. "I thought this might be more beautiful on your neck than in this ugly box," he says and opens the lid on the box.

Shock takes over Ivy's face as she looks down at the beautiful emerald and diamond choker set in yellow gold, and gasps. She didn't even care that it was most likely stolen, or belonged to somebody that was dead. It didn't matter how illy gotten it was obtained. It was simply too breath takingly beautiful to care. "But J...how'd you know I'd be wearing green?" She asks, sounding seemingly confused.

The Joker just smirks, "Call it a hunch." He carefully lifts it out of the box and crosses over behind Ivy. She can see it sparkling as he lowers it and drapes it around her throat. He then carefully clasps it. He lowers his lips down to Ivy's bare shoulder and kisses it softly as he runs the backs of his fingers down her arms. "Mmm, it's much more beautiful on your luscious green neck," he whispers and places a kiss now on her neck.

Ivy reaches up and touches it on her neck. She turns around and wraps her arms around the Joker's neck. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen J! Thank you so much!" Then she presses her lips into his and can feel his arms wrap around her waist. Then he moans into her mouth and breaks the kiss.

"My Queen should look her part," he smiles and cups her chin, and takes in the beautiful green color of her irises.

Again Ivy notes the enlarged size of the Joker's pupils. But she doesn't wish to alter the apparent good vibes in the room. J's moods were shifty enough as it was. "Careful J, you're going to spoil me," she playfully warns.

The Joker smirks. "I think I can afford to spoil you dearest. And why shouldn't I? You deserve only the best as my Queen," he says and his thumb lightly traces her jaw.

"I'm really starting to enjoy being a Queen," she dreamily says as she melts under his touch.

The Joker takes one of her hands in his, outstretched. He places her other hand at his shoulder. His other hand rests at her waist. And with one step the Joker starts to waltz Ivy around the room, staring into her eyes with a wide grin on his face. Then he surprises Ivy when he gracefully dips her.

"I had no idea you danced, much less so well," Ivy voices her shock.

"I do many things well," he winks and lifts her to her feet again. He gives her a final look and releases her. He looks down at his watch, "Shall we?" He motions for the door.