Part Seven: Chapter 34: Future Plans

Frost doesn't know what has happened to his boss. The men who had seen him in his current form were whispering and spreading the word about the white skin, blood red lips, and green hair. But naturally gossip changes each time it gets told. So the story that got back to Frost was the boss dyed his hair and painted his face. Frost doesn't give them any different information. But all he really knows is that it wasn't paint or makeup. Frost was there when his boss got in a shower. He also saw how he looked when he came out. He wanted to ask Jack what happened but Jack was behaving strangely and frankly, Frost was scared.

That night, after the men had gone home or to bed, leaving only the night security up, Frost saw Jack slowly descend the stairs. He wore brown slacks, and a cream shirt. It was mostly unbuttoned, leaving his white chest exposed. Jack still remembered that day in the mall with Jeannie when she made him look less stiff. His hair was all slicked back. He had no eyebrows. He sees Frost and slowly approaches him. He sits at the end of the couch and looks at Frost for a moment as he tried gathering his thoughts.

"You must be wondering what happened?" Jack finally says as he motions a circle around his face. Frost doesn't reply, he just looks at his boss.

 Frost doesn't reply, he just looks at his boss

"I fell. Scratch that, that stupid bat let me fall. I'm not exactly sure what I fell in, but it was thick and wet and it burned," Jack says as it appears that he has to try really hard just to remember that.

"I can find out what Ace Chemicals puts in those vats if you want me to boss," Frost offers.

Jack nods. "Yes. I would like that. Also, I want Jeannie taken care of. Have her cremated," he says and his voice hitches, breaking from his sudden tears. Jack quickly dries them because he doesn't want Frost to think he's weak.

"Yeah, sure," Frost nods.

"I don't know why I did it," Jack shrugs staring at his hands. "We argued. But I don't remember what it was about. And I don't remember killing her. Even after seeing the survalence video. I think perhaps I have some sort of brain damage from whatever I fell in. My memory for instance, I do remember who you are. I know you work for me, and I know I trust you, but what do I do?

 I know you work for me, and I know I trust you, but what do I do?