Part Thirteen: Chapter 78: Awkward And Antsy

Joker's POV

I felt my jaws clinch down tight as Bruce walked away. I didn't want to be here. It's difficult for me to be around Bruce period, much less stuck in his glass display box. I'm not sensing the best vibes from him either. I think he did the only thing one can do with supposed unrequited feelings of love...they get turned into anger. It's not easy for me to look at him and see all the mixed emotions. No. No, it's best if Bruce does hate me. If he didn't, I would just give him more painful experiences than just the one time walking out on him.

I sigh and stare down at my bare feet. I died last night...I overdosed in the ghetto while getting a blowjob...how humiliating. It was probably today's headline, which I love being a headline, but not of this subject matter. And what happened to Frost? He was with me last night. Ivy was going to be a total cunt towards me after this. Hell hath no fury, blah, blah, blah. Who knows how long it will be before I can get out of this damn batcave.

My first instinct on busting out of here was to seduce Bruce. It was the easiest and probably fastest way to get it done. But my chest ached and the pain spread throughout me. I couldn't damage him like that. I don't want to hurt him in an emotional way anymore than I already have. I cared too much for him to put him through that again. I might have been a monster, but he was my creator, and I had an unnatural and unhealthy love for him.

Why did he even bring me here? Why would he put himself through the trouble after what I did to him? Was this vigilante justice? Did he plan to toy with me, just to get back at me? I deserved that. That and a hell of a lot more. He would be just in any punishments he had planned for me. Karma...ain't she a bitch?

"She certainly is giving you yours times three."

I look up to see Bruce's butler walking towards me with a tray of food and clothes draped over his arm. The chiseled expression on his face told me how much he loathed me. "I have some of Master Bruce's things for you to wear, and your breakfast sir," he sits the tray down and opens a drawer like at a bank window. He placed the clothes in it and sends them in to me.

I walk over and pick them up. It was black pair of sweat pants and a grey t-shirt. I slide my legs into the pants and pull them up. I rip the stupid hospital gown off and slide the t-shirt down over my head. I could almost smell Bruce in it. I see Bruce's butler staring at me. I step closer to the glass and peer at him menacingly. He doesn't even blink.

I smile, "You're not afraid of me, are you Jeeves?" I ask with amusement

"Sorry to disappoint sir, but you're not the first criminal I've stood before," he answers and sends the food through to me.

I look down at the food. It was arranged onto a cheap paper plate and a paper cups with plastic silverware and a paper napkin. At least he didn't give me a stupid spork. Jeeves probably thinks I would steal the silver and porcelain, or turn them into weapons. The food smelled pretty good, but I really didn't have an appetite at the moment. What I really needed was a morning pick me up of an illegal nature. But I knew I wouldn't be getting that. The thought that I couldn't sort of passed me off.