Part Fifteen: Chapter 110: Puzzles

The Joker awoke to a drum line in his head. He slowly raised his aching head to find that he had passed out at his desk. A page from a file was stuck to his cheek from where he had been drooling. He pulls it off and glances at it. It was from his private file that Frost kept hidden from him. He then remembered what he had been doing before he had passed out.

The Joker runs his hand over his face and pulls out his desk drawer. He pulls out some cocaine and a bottle of Scotch. If that couldn't cure his headache, nothing would. After about fifteen minutes of lines and shots, the Joker started to feel a little more like himself. Slowly the headache faded and he continued with what he had been doing the night before. He was trying to find out who his mother had had an affair with.

The Joker opens his laptop and searched for what Gotham citizens had been prominent when he was about eight years old. His search yielded dozens of names. Some he recognized, others he didn't, so he conducted searches on those that eluded him. Several hours later a name caught his attention. Thomas Wayne. That was Bruce's father. He searched his name, unable to refuse a look at a picture of his face. Then the information appears on the screen.

The Joker's lips parted as he looked at the man's picture. "Holy shit..." He mumbled to himself. There was no doubt about it, he was the man he saw his mother talking to that day. The man who hadn't liked him. Damn. What was it with Napier's and their attractions to Wayne's? The Joker just stares in disbelief. Did Bruce have any idea that his dear old dad wasn't a faithful husband? If so, did Bruce know the Joker's mother?

The Joker broke away from his thoughts as he came across an article about Thomas and Martha Wayne being shot in an alley by a mugger. The Joker took the information and then searched the location of their death by satellite. He then searched for all alleys that lie within a few blocks of it. He pays specific attention to the details and brickwork of the buildings, hoping that something triggered a memory. If this gut feeling he has is right, he knows who murdered Bruce's parents.

"Did you hurt someone?" The Joker could remember asking his father that night as they made their way home in the shadows. His father had been busy checking out his expensive new watch.

He could remember the anger in his father's eyes as he looked down at him. "It wasn't nobody but a crooked cheating millionaire and his unfortunate wife. They won't be missed."

The Joker found an alley that looked familiar to him

The Joker found an alley that looked familiar to him. He went to the alley and it all hit him at once. Shit. The Joker could see it as clear as day, his father murdered Bruce's dad. Did he know that was the person his wife had been having an affair with? Was that why he killed them? Then the Joker's mind wandered off to the child that had been in his mother's stomach that day in Arkham. What became of it? Did he have a little brother or sister? Or was the situation even more twisted? Did the clown and the bat share a sibling? The Joker had to find out what became of that kid.

The Joker then looked through his personal criminal database. He needed a computer hacker. He looks over the names. One kid catches his attention because they shared the same first name. The Joker calls Frost into his office.