Part Seventeen: Chapter 122: Anger

When the Joker had taken over Gotham in the beginning, he vowed to wipe out the five families. His point was to stop the bickering over territories and power. He stopped it, but only for himself. Yes, the city was his, but he hadn't really changed the way the city was ran. It was still broken down into territories, and those territories had leaders. There were still gang wars over power and money. But now, these things were governed by the Joker. He was judge, executioner, and jury when there were disputes.

Once a month the Joker met with the the territory and gang leaders so that they could mention any problems and the Joker would decide what the fate would be. If anyone went against his word the Joker would kill them without a second thought and appoint a new leader. To a degree it kept people in line because they all feared the Joker. So once a month a different leader would host a dinner in which everyone would sit down with the Joker. This months dinner would be hosted by Two Face.

When the Joker arrived at Two Face's hideout a valet driver promptly opened his door and one got Harley's as well. The Joker came around to Harley's side and gave her a curtious bow and extends his arm out for her. She hooks her arm in his. They were both in their Sunday best and looking immaculate. Harley wore a beautiful red evening dress and the Joker was in a black and white tuxedo.

The Joker leans in and whispers in her ear. "When we get inside, stay behind me. It's just you and me tonight, that makes me the only security." Little did he know, Harley could hold her own. The Joker smiles and looks at Harley's dress, actually paying attention for the first time. "And by the way, you look beautiful tonight my dear."

Harley smiles in delight, "Thanks puddin. Yer very handsome tonight yerself."

They walk inside and start down a grand staircase. Harley stays a step behind as asked.

At the bottom of the stairs Two Face stood at the bottom greeting the guests

At the bottom of the stairs Two Face stood at the bottom greeting the guests. The Joker approached and Two Face bowed at him.

"Our guest of honor," he says, but something about the way he said it told Harley those words tasted like shit coming out.

The Joker smiles and turns to Harley. He puts his hand on her waist and brings her forward. "This is Harley Quinn, she's mine," he gleams at Harley proudly. "Harley, this is Harvey "Two Face" Dent."

Harvey holds his hand out with a grin, "She looks like you J. But she's much more beautiful, no offense." Harvey gently shakes Harley's hand.

The Joker smirks and leads Harley into the formal dining room. Like everything with two face, things were split down the middle. Half the dining table was white and gold on one side, and black and gold on the other. The Joker sits at one head of the table. A chair is pulled out for Harley to his immediate left, on the white side. Everyone takes a seat and the dinner is served. Harley notices that the Joker doesn't touch his food. Was it poisoned or something? But he seemed to show no concern, so she ate the food. It looked delicious.