Part Three: Chapter 14: Incognito

Jeannie is awakened to Jack's frantic whispers as he shakes her.

"We gotta go

"We gotta go. Now. They'll be coming for us soon. You gotta get dressed," he jerks the covers from her body.

"Jack, what's happening?" She quickly asks as soon as she's on her feet. By then Jack has already found a suitcase and is throwing things into it.

"There isn't any time to explain," he says in a panic and grabs her arm. He pulls her to the window. Jack quietly raises it and looks down. Then he looks at the security camera on the side of the house. Their actions needed to be perfectly timed to avoid being seen. "When I get to the ground I want you to jump. I'll break your fall," he says and throws her suitcase from the window.

Jack puts both feet out the window and drops to the ground with a thud. He instinctively reaches for his gun and cocks it. He surveys the grounds for security detail. He looks at the camera to see how long he had before it rotated back to them. He looks up at Jeannie and motions for her to jump. She looks down and hesitates because of the height. Jack fears they wouldn't be able to avoid the camera.

Jeannie finally works up the nerve to just let go of the window seal and fall. Jack wrapped his arms around her waist and he fell backwards with her on top of him. He quickly pushes her up and scrambles to his own feet. He grabs her hand with one hand and her suitcase with his other. He drags her as he runs as fast as he can to his car, which was parked in seclusion.

They both get in and Jack quickly cranks it. He quickly leaves and drives like a maniac through the city streets. His eyes kept constant watch behind him, looking for someone to be tailing them. His mind remembered that Jeannie had a chip in her, both Maroni and Falcone could trace her and track her down. He had to find that chip and get it out of her.

"Baby, they can track us. They know every single move we make. Your father had a chip put in you when you were just a baby. Maroni found out the frequency somehow. They're going to find us. We have to find that chip and get it out of you. But we can't stop moving."

Jeannie sits up straight, "The subway!"

Jack is almost pissed off at himself that he didn't think of that first. But it was perfect. Jack slammed his car in park next to a subway terminal. They needed to ditch his car anyway. They run down the stairs and make it into the subway car just as the doors shut. They walk through the cars until they reach an empty car.

Jeannie collapses in the seat out of breath. Jack seats himself next to her. He quickly starts to search her arms for a scar. He assumed that it would be in a place Jeannie couldn't see. He runs his hand under her hair and pushes her head down. Where was it? His fingers briskly feel the skin down her spine. About a foot down it he felt a tiny hard square. Jack lifts her shirt and he can barely make out a tiny scar near it. Jack quickly pulls out a knife.

Jeannie sees it and gets scared, "Jack?"

"We have to get it out baby," he looks at her seriously. "There's no other way."